Google wallet not certified ? Running 32.2040.2040.28

ArjanBArjanB Level 1
edited November 22 in ZenFone 9

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: 32.2040.2040.28
  3. Rooted or not: stock
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google wallet.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Updated yesterday to 32.2040.2040.28 and now i cannot pay with google wallet anymore ?

Google Wallet tells me the firmware is uncertified ?

Comments

• ArjanBArjanB Level 1

Also Google Play protect says uncertified

• SteetieHJSteetieHJ Level 1
    edited October 14

I've got the same issue. Updated this morning, used contactless this afternoon. This evening, message the my device isn't certified.

• sonorosonoro Level 1

Same issue here, updated to 32.2040.2040.28 and now I'm unable to use Google Wallet because the Device is not certified. How can I roll back to an earlier version?

• - May I ask if that update came with any bug fixes?

• EsszedEsszed Level 1

Same issue here. Manually updated to 32.2040.2040.28 in the morning. Used Google pay to pay few times during the day and to withdraw money and in the evening uncertified message.

• huvihuvi Level 1

the same at me... in the morning after update it works, later in the afternoon got problems...🤨😡

• huvihuvi Level 1

my error and phone condition

• Same here.

I manually updated to 28

• DnivieDnivie Level 1

Same problem here after upgrading to WW-32.2040.2040.28.............:(

• It's being looked in to by Asus, let's be patient

• ArjanBArjanB Level 1

Yes who knew that the calculator is actually a debugger ? I have had uncertified firmware before on other phones and this was always fixed after installing an updated firmware. So just wait and the support guys here will fix it

• They've pulled the firmware from the Asus support Web page

• DnivieDnivie Level 1

Same with Netflix app, want install due to compatible issues......come on Asus, wake up!

• We are looking at this issue at the moment, thanks for bringing this to our notice.

• ArjanBArjanB Level 1

Thank you for the support. My device is certified now.

• huvihuvi Level 1

hi, did you receive any updates or how to get status certified? i have still "doesnt meet security" 😡

• Device is certified now on play store, I think Google wallet will work when everything has populated

• sonorosonoro Level 1

My device is now certified as well, thank you ASUS.

In order to trigger the certification, I did the following: Go to Settings -> Apps&notifications -> Google Play Store -> Storage&cache -> "Clear Storage" and "Clear Cache". I also did "Uninstall updates" of the Google Play Store App (it can be re-updated then later on).

Warning: "Clear Storage" will remove your saved login on the Play Store. You will need to newly sign-in again after that, be sure you remember your password ;-) .

• huvihuvi Level 1

hi, thx for info, i am certified in google play at all time, have trouble just with wallet, so still must wait 😱🙈😉

• ArjanBArjanB Level 1

After seeing certified in the playstore just reboot the phone and all will be fine

This discussion has been closed.