[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] GlideX - Introduction
GlideX, your on-the-go work and play space, is a cross-device screen-sharing solution. With wired or wireless connections, you can create a bigger and better space. GlideX optimizes your workflow in the blink of an eye!
Before you start reading this article, we recommend that you watch our introductory video.
- Requirements for computer and mobile devices
- First launch of GlideX App
- Mobile permission requirement
- Subscription service
- Main feature: Mirror
- Main feature: Extend
- FAQ and feedback
- Support for computers with Windows operating system, LAN, Wi-Fi and USB
- Windows operating system: Windows 10/11 64-bit (version 1909 and later)
- Graphics driver supports H.264 codecs.
Mobile device side：
- iOS devices require 14.0 and later
- Android device requires 9.0 and higher
- Graphics driver supports H.264 codecs.
2.1 Computer side
Please download GlideX for Windows from the Microsoft Store. After installing it, you are advised to follow the instructions below:
(1) Search for ①[GlideX] in the search bar in the lower left corner of the desktop on computer, then click ②[GlideX] and GlideX will be launched.
(2) At the GlideX welcome page, click ③[Next].
(3) Select either China or Global service to access GlideX comprehensive suite of service based on your location.
- China service: For users located in China
- Global service: For all users (except those located in China)
(3) On the End User License Agreement and GlideX Terms and Conditions page, select ④[I acknowledge and agree to the above], and then click ⑤[OK].
(4) On the Privacy Notice page, select ⑥[Agree], and click ⑦[OK].
(5) In the download GlideX mobile application page, there is ⑧[QR Code] in the red box on the right. If you do not have GlideX installed on your mobile device, please scan the QR Code with your mobile device's camera and download the GlideX app. After downloading, click ⑨[Next].
(6) You can enter GlideX main page.
2.2 Mobile device side
Please download GlideX from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. For the Android users without Google Play Store, please download the Android package. After installing it, you are advised to follow the instructions below:
(1) Select either China or Global service to access GlideX comprehensive suite of service based on your location. Please make sure that the service is the same as the one on GlideX for Windows app. Then, tap ①[I agree] at End User License Agreement and the GlideX Terms and Conditions, and then tap ②[OK]. Tap ③[I agree] at Privacy Notice, then tap ④[OK]. Tap ⑤[Continue to see third party ads] on the GlideX Services and Ads Notice page, and tap ⑥[OK]. The next page will suggest you download the GlideX application on your computer. If your computer has not downloaded it yet, tap ⑦[link] to go to the Microsoft Store to download. If you already have GlideX installed, tap ⑧[Installed]. Then you will navigate to the main page of GlideX.
(1) Open the side menu on the left side of the GlideX main page of the mobile device. Tap ①[Permission Management], tap ②[Display over other apps], browse and tap ③[GlideX], tap on ④[Allow display over other apps].
(2) Return to the Permission Management page. Tap ⑤[Allow to modify system settings], tap ⑥[Allow modifying system settings]. Return to the Permission Management page, tap ⑦[Screen recording], and tap ⑧[Start Now].
(3) Return to the Permission Management page. Tap ⑨[Access the Camera], tap ⑩[Allow only while using the app]. The permissions required for GlideX to work properly are turned on.
Tap ①[OK] to allow the local network access permission for GlideX, then you can optionally tap ②[Allow] for the notification permission. To scan the QR Code from GlideX for Windows app, open the side menu > [Permission management]. Then, tap [Access the camera] and tap ③[OK] to allow the permission.
GlideX currently provides subscription services for users in the following regions based on the mobile device platform registered by members. If you encounter any problems when enabling the subscription service, please check: [GlideX] Common GlideX subscription service problems
(1) To subscribe to GlideX service, please login to the same account on the Windows and mobile apps. Click ①[User Center] on the side menu of the Windows app, then ②[Key-in your account and password], and then click ③[Login]. On the mobile side, tap ④[Log into GlideX], then ⑤[Key-in your account and password], and then tap ⑥[Log in].
(2) After the account login is complete, you can choose any of plan on the mobile app > Side menu > [My Subscription].
*Select the desired resolution and refresh rate. Please note that the actual performance will depend on your network and hardware capability.
** Depend on your network and hardware capability, the resolution and refresh rate of native quality would actually be higher than 2K60.
Mirror function allows you to project your device’s screen to a PC for easier keyboard input and more screen space. Use your Android or iOS apps via Windows in the productive space of your PC!
(1) On the main page of GlideX, click ①[Connect].
If you connect to 2.4GHz WiFi band, please refer to the following link to learn how to switch to 5GHz for a better screen-sharing experience: [GlideX] How to switch from 2.4GHz to 5GHz for a better screen sharing experience?
(2) Select your ②[mobile device]. A notification will pop-up in the notification panel. Tap ③[Notification], a dialog will pop up on the mobile app, tap ④[Accept].
If you can't find your mobile device or encounter any other problems, please refer to: [GlideX] How to connect device(s) via Wi-Fi or USB cable
If you use an Android device to connect to a computer via USB cable, you need to turn on the USB debugging settings first. Please refer to: [GlideX] How to enable USB debugging for Android devices?
(3) After enabling Mirror, if you want to use the mouse or keyboard on the computer side to control the mobile device, or use the computer's speaker to play the media sound of the mobile device, click the [PC Control] button, and then click ⑤[Start Bluetooth Pairing].
If you encounter any problems with Bluetooth pairing, please refer to: [GlideX] Bluetooth pairing problems
(4) A pop-up dialog will appear on the mobile device side, indicating that [GlideX] requires 120 seconds to be turned on for other Bluetooth devices to detect your phone, please click [Allow]. A pop-up window will also appear in the lower right corner of the computer screen, please click [Add Device], if there is no pop-up window, click on the notification icon. Please confirm that the ⑥[pairing code] on the computer and mobile devices are the same, and then click ⑦[Pair] on both computer and mobile devices. If the pairing fails, unpair both sides and then manually pair each other on the Bluetooth pairing page.
(5) After the computer is successfully paired, and the following pop-up window will display.
(6) After the computer control function is turned on, on the Mirror side menu, there are ①[PC Control] function, including ②[Keyboard & Mouse] switch button, ③[Audio] switch button, ④[Input method shortcut hint], ⑤[Settings] button, and ⑥[Control] button.
When using the [PC Control] function of the mirror feature, if you encounter any problems, please refer to: [GlideX] How to Use Screen Mirror PC Control
Keyboard & Mouse - To use PC's keyboard for typing on the connected mobile device, the hotkey varies on the mobile systems:
- Android devices: Switch Language (press Shift + Space key) & Switch input method (press Shift + Alt key), which is available on Google keyboard and Samsung keyboard.
- iOS devices: Switch Language (press Ctrl+ Space key)
To use PC's mouse on the mobile device*, switch to Mirror mouse mode by clicking on the mirrored screen. To exit from that mode, press Esc. Moreover, you can also customize your pointer speed based on the mobile systems:
- Android devices: Click the [Settings] button to adjust the speed.
- iOS devices: Go to your mobile device [Settings] > [General] > [Trackpad & Mouse]. We recommend you drag the "Tracking Speed" slider to the lowest. At the same time, turn off the [Natural Scrolling] setting to maintain your scrolling behavior on the computer.
* Go to your mobile device [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Touch] > Turn on [AssistiveTouch], or ask Siri to [Turn on AssistiveTouch].
Audio - This function requires PC later than 20H1 devices. If it is a lower version, it is recommended that you upgrade the operating system for this function. Currently, GlideX supports streaming stereo music.
(7) When your mobile device is displayed in a landscape (for example, if you watch a video), the mirror page of your computer will also be displayed horizontally.
(8) How do I switch the screen streaming quality for Mirror or Extend?
If your network is unstable, it is recommended that you switch to 5 GHz WiFi, or subscribe to unlock ①[Dynamic mode] or connect with a USB cable for a better experience. Dynamic Mode will automatically select the suggested appropriate quality setting, based on your connection status. If your network is very stable, select the Manual mode, and select the ②[quality] you want.
(1) Tap ①[Connect], select your mobile device, and then tap ②[Mobile Device]. An extended notification will appear in the mobile device notification bar. Tap ③[Notification], a pop-up window will appear on the mobile app page, and tap ④[Accept].
(2) At this point, the screen of your mobile device will be used as the second screen of your computer, and you can click on the mobile device or the computer side of ⑤[X] to turn off the extension function.
(3) How do I set up this extended screen?
Click ⑥[Display rearrangement] button and drag a display to rearrange. You can identify the relative position of your screen by clicking ⑦[identify] button, and set the position of your mobile device screen relative to your computer screen on this page.
If you find any problems or have any feedback to GlideX, please give feedback via GlideX for Windows and mobile app, relevant instructions please refer to: [GlideX] Learn how to send feedback to GlideX | Official Support | ASUS Global