For 2 years no improvement with video out. Nobody who streams is using this phone.

edited November 12 in ROG Phone 6

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Asus lied in rog phone 6 marketing, implying that you can use both the cooler and video out. It took me a month to get 4 different types of hubs and try them all out. Nothing works. The phone overheats without the cooler. One of the buttons on the cooler doesn’t work 50 % of the time. I recommend to buy anything else for gaming, be it more affordable competition with physical triggers, or tab s8 ultra or ipad. I now have to fight with the store to return my money back or sell for a loss. It's like asus doesn’t take any input from serious gamers or test the phone with intended audience. For 2 years no improvement with video out.

All streamers would be using it if it had working usb c on the cooler. Now, nobody who streams is using it.

Is there any usb c hub that will do video out with the cooler attached at the same time?

Can the usb c on the cooler be fixed with firmware update? Or did asus cheap out and put old usb c without pins for video?

Rog phone 3 has this working.

Did they really make a flagship phone for gamers that can't stream gameplay?

Is my unit defective and this scenario works for you? To have video out with cable with aerocooler attached.

Comments

• Oh, dis goin to make u mad:

The cooler has no lines for video output, it's a physical limitation and if it had it would constantly disconnect anyways due to a bug that happens all the time.

Overall, the Rog6 is unsuited for gamers and streamers for obvious reasons.

• @Danishblunt It's smart, I'm going to spend my day cursing my Rog5 choice when in July 21 I could still buy the Rog3, but the accessories were already untraceable and I knew afterwards that there would never be any for the ROG5, double trouble.

@Tom from Croatia ASUS smartphones after ROG3 are just light boxes, in addition to not being able to play properly and being affected by a virus more deadly than the black plague, hiv, covid and tuberculosis combined and there is no other satisfactory function, this also includes the ZenPhone

• Its a 3rd party capture card, not from ASUS. I only have twinview dock and the cooler that came with the Rog3, nothing else.

• Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.

This discussion has been closed.