Mike47Mike47 Level 1
edited October 6 in ROG Phone 5

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG PHONE 5s
  2. Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.128
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Wifi & Hotspot

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Tried Hard Reboot. Restarted several times. Gave Forget WiFi network. Unable to resolve issue.

Comments

• Hello, Mike47.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I have sent you a private message for more detail information, please check.

• cepek3cepek3 Level 1

I have same problem since yesterday

• I have the same problem but i am from Chile and i bought it in aliexpress need help

• Hello, Cutemagi. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

• Same here. After this new update wifi & hotspot stopped working. I had to buy an type c to ethernet port to use ethernet on the device for high speed connectivity. Kindly help to fix this. It's extremely irritating how an firmware update ruined the phone's main functionality.

• Hello, ZT-a6fe74aa.

Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

• cepek3cepek3 Level 1

I have same problem here, please help @Jiaszzz_ASUS

• Hello, cepek3. Please check the PM inbox as well. Thank you.

• Attention, use this as a troubleshooting to save your data, all users who continued to use their Rog5 after the Wifi failure with an alternative solution (4G or USB) suffered a complete failure of the Rog5 in the days / weeks that followed .

-Contact a service center (if you are far away do not send the Rog5, with thousands of identical cases they must be able to make an estimate with just the description of the breakdown)

-With (or without) the quote contact ASUS customer service to request motherboard replacement support. Rely on the same number of cases, on a consumer association, in short, prepare yourself to go to court or lose the money spent because the price of the repair is higher than a competing gaming device)

In any case, take into account that after the repair the problem will start again.

There have been more than ten firmware, this breakage was already there, restarting no longer finds the wifi module, the update is not in question

Good luck

• hansesguerrahansesguerra Level 1
    edited October 29

Is there a solution for this? I don't have much cash. I bought this phone last year with the intention to use this for the next 3-4 years. Warranty expired last August 2022. Someone Help!

@Jiaszzz_ASUS I Factory reset the phone. It still doesn't work. I lost a fair bit of data that I forgot to backup. This is a nightmare.

• do we have to wait till next update same problem here ,this started since 20/OCT, and to add my bad luck i bought this july and there are no service centers near me upto 400km radius

edited October 30

I successfully downgraded the firmware to android 11 but no cigar. I was told that I need a CPU IC reballing and it cost almost $120 outside service centers. I will try to go to a service center because this is ridiculous. It happened to multiple people and they don't have a concrete answer on how to address this. This is a premium ROG product that we paid good hard earned money. Please mods have heart and help us out.

edited October 30

Service Center said that this will cost about $250 for motherboard repair. Any mods? Help? This wouldn't be an issue if you did not pushed an update that would ruin the phone.

• Hello, hansesguerra  and Alphawitcher.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you.

• After this new update wifi & hotspot stopped working.

• Hello, Muhammad azka.

Please check the top-right corner of the screen and kindly share the details of the Wi-Fi issue in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

• They already received my phone at no charge thank you for the support @Jiaszzz_ASUS ! Turn around time is 3-6 weeks.

• Hi team, Same here after September update now I am unable to scan for wifi and it gives error also hotspot keeps turning off cant turn it on either.

Kindly help..it's really irritating now.

• Hi , i am too facing the issue on Rog 5 Asus.. after September update wifi is not connecting..it's not even able to search nearby wifi signals

• yes same for me too the only option for this right now is to visit the service center and get it down if it is under warranty, if it is not under warranty please wait because the amount they charge to solve this issue is too much, hoping that they get some solution for people who's phone do not come under the warranty period.