Microphone, notifications, Camera issues

absartariq123
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 2040.2040
Rooted or not: Yes. But issue was there before root also
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Latest Duo Lingo, Falou etc
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

MIC ISSUES:
- While mic works fine on camera, calls (Both on/off loudspeaker), 3rd party camera apps, whatsapp recording, the mic doesn't work at all with some apps like Shazam, DuoLingo or Falou. This is bringing me on my nerves!
NOTIFICATION ISSUES
- Even when notification sound is turned to zero, some apps like facebook notifications make sound. I don't understand why it is following the ringer volume and not the notification volume.
- When I get a notification while I am using an app. The app dissapears and I see the homescreen wallpaper until the the pop up notification is gone or swiped. [Automatically fixed. Don't know how. It wasn't an update]

CAMERA ISSUES
- Camera shutter is slow af. A minor movement of the subject ruins the image. Cannot take pictures of little kids or pets at all!
-Camera oversharpens images. Much more than Pixels. Mostly its okay but it ruins some pictures everyday.
- Smoothes skin too much in portrait mode, even when beauty mode is turned off.

While there are other issues too, I find these to be fixable and most annoying.

Asus please look into it!

15 REPLIES 15

absartariq123
Star III
- I would open shazam and the mic wouldn't work. I then open screen record to capture this bug, but the mic always works in screen record

absartariq123
Star III
- 5G wouldn't shift to 4G sometimes. That would lead to missing calls (both telecom calls and whatsapp calls)

LukeBiel
Rising Star I
For me there are no problems with the mic, WhatsApp, Shazam, Google Meet, it works everywhere

absartariq123
Star III
More problems:
- Even when the mic is working, there is a glitch in the beginning. Sending whatsapp recording or starting a call there is a lag of 1-3 seconds

- Starting a video would sometimes be glitchy. First few second of the recorded video would be stuck

- Phone dialler keypad has a delay. Haptics would occur with a millisecond lag and also the numbers would appear slow. Feels like a 5 year old device

Please provide an update or I'll have to return this device