This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As fragile as the Rog5

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Sicne many still want to be in denial that the Rog6 is not a copy and paste and claim its way less fragile:
r/ROGphone - ROG Phone 6 Pro is bending in pocket!
bend.jpg
bend2.jpg
All he did was having it in his pocket. As the it's predecessor, the Rog 6 is very fragile and very suseptible to bending, which will in turn cause the same damages as on the Rog5 which are broken back glass, ripped internal cables and logicboard damage due to components cracking solderballs.
6 REPLIES 6

FunBike31
Community Legend I

jajabinx35
Star III
Yeah, was reading through that post and he did say he used a 'tpu case', which is that silicon bendy one.
Just as a personal opinion (and as I own the device), I use a rugged phone case that cannot bend. It's not one of those silicon cases....but I think it helps protect the phone

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jajabinx35

Yeah, was reading through that post and he did say he used a 'tpu case', which is that silicon bendy one.

Just as a personal opinion (and as I own the device), I use a rugged phone case that cannot bend. It's not one of those silicon cases....but I think it helps protect the phone

View post
Problem there is, you buy a phone that you find aesthetically pleasing just to shove it in a rugged case because you are scared of it breaking, also when gaming you're literally forced to take it out of the case because otherwise youll cause the device to die due to massive heat. It's not a solution and it's not acceptable to have a 1k USD+ device be this fragile.

jajabinx35
Star III
Agreed the build should be better..... But to be honest, I've always used a case for my devices (I guess I'm just over protective of my devices). I think my last phone which I never used a case for was a Nokia 6600 lol.
I guess I'll be extra careful with the device I've got