App switcher jumping around

ACH_
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9 16/256GB
Firmware Version: WW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Intermittent, daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unrelated, system wide
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
With apps open, whenever opening the app switcher (bottom right navigation button for people who use the nav buttons), it will initially open to show you one recent app but then very quickly update and change the app shown to another recent app. Often this is two or three apps back in your opened apps history.
For example, if I open Chrome, Whatsapp, Gmail, then Whatsapp again, and then hit the app switcher:
First Gmail may be displayed as expected as it was the previously used app. But it may then suddenly switch to showing me Chrome, with the other two apps to the right
This seems to happen more frequently with more apps open, and doesn't happen all the time. It happens just slowly enough to notice it, but also slowly enough that you end up clicking the wrong app due to expecting android to always show the previous app as on other phones.
Could this please be fixed?
10 REPLIES 10

jbigwood
Star I
Model Name: Zenfone 9 8/128GB
Firmware Version: WW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Intermittent, daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unrelated, system wide

I'm also seeing this behaviour.

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @ACH_, I've reported the issue to the R&D team.

gmbhneo88
Star III
Same issue on my end.

ACH_
Star III
Still happening on WW_32.2040.2040.23