cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious issues with front camera after August update

sdjanus
Star I
Hello everyone,
I can't pinpoint the reason, but apparently after latest update there is an issue with the front camera.
It can't focus
Everything is completely blurred
When you take a picture, the whole phone screen goes white with brightness and max for a couple of seconds and then it takes the picture, which comes out completely blurred and out of focus
Slashed last point, didn't notice that flash was on (that's why the screen went white). Nevertheless, the rest of the issues are there.
This only happens with the front camera, rear camera works fine. I'm attaching a video on the issue.
Glad if anyone can shed some light if it's due to some software error, or a hardware error (but in all honesty looks like a software error, because of the whitescreen when taking the pic).
Thanks in advance!
Best
Sebastian
2 REPLIES 2

keren_ASUS
Hi @sdjanus
We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. Can you verify what firmware your phone is on? The latest version is 31.1010.0411.122.
If you're on the latest firmware, then I suggest you do an SMMI test:
Open Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Front Camera Capture Test
If any of the SMMI tests fail, it's indicating a high possibility of faulty hardware and you will need to take it to a service center.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.