cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 recording issue with Asus tuf cu4k30 capture card

ehunt22
Star III
Hi,
When I connect my Rog 3 to my laptop using the Asus tuf cu4k30, i get a message on the phone screen that refresh rate is restricted to 60 hz
Based on some research and asking around, it seems this is because the Rog 3 is limited to RGB colorspace
If it can run in YUV colorspace, we would be able to get higher refresh rates while recording
Request moderators to please check with dev team to check for a solution to enable this
@Mattias_ASUS please help with this
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ehunt22
Star III
45 REPLIES 45

ehunt22
Star III
Any help here please
@Mattias_ASUS

HexHyte
Rising Star I
I think you may want to change the acquisition card.
I have an Elgato 4K60 Pro MK2 and i can stream 1080p 120fps with the Rog 3 with no problem

ehunt22
Star III
HexHyte

I think you may want to change the acquisition card.

I have an Elgato 4K60 Pro MK2 and i can stream 1080p 120fps with the Rog 3 with no problem

View post
Can you do a recording using your elgato card, while keeping the realtime info from armoury crate on, to show that this works ?
Maybe upload a video to your youtube account and post a link to check it

HexHyte
Rising Star I
ehunt22

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227264#Comment_227264

Can you do a recording using your elgato card, while keeping the realtime info from armoury crate on, to show that this works ?

Maybe upload a video to your youtube account and post a link to check it

View post
Sure, I will do it later.
After my reply i played a bit more while streaming and unfortunately i've noticed lot of frame drop when the phone is transmitting through TypeC.
Video image on the phone stutters way more than anticipated, i already saw this issue before, it did happen with my old Rog Phone 2 when a game kept constantly switching between 60 and 120hz mode for some reason but with the Rog Phone 3 it seems like this happens even when 120hz mode is correctly being used. I would start from here to eventually bugfix the issue. @Mattias_ASUS
Anyway, Elgato and the phone itself correctly set the transmission mode to 120hz 1080p.
I would also suggest to check if the transmission mode is set to 1080p 120hz and not 2K 120hz.