This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting notifications unless recent app usage

twix
Star I

Hi! My Zenfone only shows some notifications. If I've used an app recently(last 1-2 hours) then I get all the notfications. But if it's from an app I use less frequently, I get nothing. All notifications setting are turned on, both in general settings and in app settings, and I do get them, if I've just used the app. I've tried reinstalling apps and restarting my phone. Has anyone else come across this problem or know of a solution?
4 REPLIES 4

keren_ASUS
Hello @twix
Can you set adaptive notifications to "none" and then restart your ZenFone to see if this helps. Also try turning off/disabling adaptive battery since this prevents apps from remaining active in the background.
Thank you!

twix
Star I
Thank you @keren_ASUS for the advice. I tried this but it didn't help unfortunately.
Maybe my only option is a factory reset

willjoe2442
Star III
One of the main reasons why your phone's notifications aren't working could be due to broken app updates. If your Android device is not getting notifications from one app in particular, it's possible that the developers have accidentally rolled out a buggy update.

Regards,
Will

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.