jajabinx35
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've pre-ordered my phone here in the UK. I chose this over other gaming phones as it has better update support (I had a rog phone 2 which died, then I tried the redmagic 6s pro, which is a good phone but the software support is so bad).

I know this won't go anywhere, but my job is done if this thread gets acknowledged or fed back as feedback to the Devs/Asus management team.
44 REPLIES 44

Mansi_ASUS
Thanks for your feedback, we'll forward it to the team.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jajabinx35

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I've pre-ordered my phone here in the UK. I chose this over other gaming phones as it has better update support (I had a rog phone 2 which died, then I tried the redmagic 6s pro, which is a good phone but the software support is so bad).

I know this won't go anywhere, but my job is done if this thread gets acknowledged or fed back as feedback to the Devs/Asus management team.

please can Asus consider arranging three android updates instead of two
Given how ASUS is neglecting the Rog series this would make sense, however I'd argue that maybe you want to change this instead of 2 major updates, having ASUS promise 5years of security updates instead. I think this makes way more sense than having 3 major updates.

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
What's the use? You'll throw the phone away after being crippled with issues over an year or so anyway. Asus knows this and they don't expect people to use ROGs over 2 years

DeLLiAnO
Rising Star I
I used rog phone 2, till the day i received rog phone 6.
I can tell you, the battery after all these years of intense usage, was still like i had him like day 1. Never had 1 issue, and could still play easly genshin impact.
Only thing i would like to see changing, is faster security updates. Now its like for example if its been from januari, you get the security patch in march for februari. Dont like that.
Longer software, security patch in years, as also 3 instead of 2 mayjor upgrades. Viewing from my point of view asus rog phone 2 could handle easly android 12