This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some Benchmarks, gaming tests

excavation5
Rising Star II
Hi all i pre-order rog phone 6 whit 16ram and 512 storage and becouse i make pre-order i will get AeroActive cooler for free. Also i search a lot information about gaming performance and more correct about temperature in continuous gaming i play only COD mobile at 90 fps settings , apex legends and sometimes mobile legends
So can someone make a screenshots or video of the temperature and FPS in this games at max settings for 20-30 or 40 mintes gaming
Also i will be happy if i see more test of the temperatures in antutu benchmark and some stress tests

Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
There are tons of benchmarks out there that show great performance, however there are 2 things you need to understand:
1.) The performance WILL drop without cooler attached on later updates, simply because ASUS cannot let the phone run without cooler at max performance without shredding them.
2.) The battery life is extremely poor with cooler attached, the cooler itself with peltier on can draw as much as the entire phone, so effectively youll be halving your battery life.
3.) Software is still buggy as hell.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62805/rog-phone-6-bug-report-glitch-report#latest

excavation5
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

There are tons of benchmarks out there that show great performance, however there are 2 things you need to understand:

1.) The performance WILL drop without cooler attached on later updates, simply because ASUS cannot let the phone run without cooler at max performance without shredding them.

2.) The battery life is extremely poor with cooler attached, the cooler itself with peltier on can draw as much as the entire phone, so effectively youll be halving your battery life.

3.) Software is still buggy as hell.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62805/rog-phone-6-bug-report-glitch-report#latest

View post
Before i pre-order rog phone 6 i was whit rog phone 5 but it was very very buggy whit bad performance in the lasts updates
Also i write this post for gaming tests becouse i dont believe in the gaming performance reviews in youtube ... most of them show us how genshin impact work at 60 fps / 42 C but this is fake becouse that is only 5 minute gameplay and for this reason i can trust more to someone who have this phone and send me real 30 minute gameplay of some game

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
excavation5

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223297#Comment_223297

Before i pre-order rog phone 6 i was whit rog phone 5 but it was very very buggy whit bad performance in the lasts updates

Also i write this post for gaming tests becouse i dont believe in the gaming performance reviews in youtube ... most of them show us how genshin impact work at 60 fps / 42 C but this is fake becouse that is only 5 minute gameplay and for this reason i can trust more to someone who have this phone and send me real 30 minute gameplay of some game

View post
Oh that makes everything easier then. Remember how "great" the Rog5 was on release and got worse over time? Rog 6 will be the same, same cooling design, same problems. The rog 6 is also buggy as hell here you go:
darkchecker1337

ROG Phone Bug Report / Glitch Report

Note: I'm from Germany, my English isn't the best, but I'll try my best to explain the bugs in an understandable way.

Hello, I have been able to test the Rog Phone 6 extensively since August 4th, 2022 and have encountered a couple of software errors and problems which I would like to share with you.

Hoping, of course, that some skilled Asus programmers can come up with a great update that will benefit everyone 🙂

Software version: WW_32.2810.2206.97

It should also be noted here that I have prioritized all the apps I am writing about here in the settings such as battery use, data use and administration. So the apps are inserted as an exception so that they are not "slowed down or hindered, even in the background"... the battery is set to "dynamic" so that shouldn't be the reason

Due to the high effort, I have renounced a "sorting by priority".

So, let's go:

1. "One-handed mode scales window incorrectly".

- In one-handed mode, the bottom part is cut off from the apps and the home screen. For example, you can no longer see menu bars which are at the bottom of an app. This makes the mode, which is urgently needed given the size of the phone, unusable.

2. "One-hand mode triggering sometimes doesn't work properly"

- When triggered with the swipe down, the notification bar also appears. The one-hand mode is then active, but that's not how it should be. Suggestion: give us the option to start one-handed mode with a diagonal swipe from the bottom corner! That would be a solution for both right-handed and left-handed people and works very well in everyday life with other cell phones

3. "Access apps and take actions from the notification bar"

- e.g. you can NOT ALWAYS check off reminders on Google Reminders. Apparently after a long time the phone has no access to the app.

It should also be noted here that I have prioritized all the apps I am writing about here in the settings such as battery use, data use and administration. So the apps are inserted as an exception... The battery is set to "dynamic" so it shouldn't be because of that.

4. "Transfer phone numbers from websites directly to the "Phone/Calling app""

- Otherwise I know it so that if you mark telephone numbers in a browser, in addition to the usual selections such as "mark all, copy, translate" etc., the option "call" is also given

5. "Apps that were in the background sometimes do not have access to the WiFi Internet connection"

- Specifically, I noticed that the "MetaTrader" app did not display any live trading courses when I was only on WiFi and the app was previously in the background and the phone was locked for a while. This did not occur when using cellular data. The WiFi worked and I was able to open websites etc. When I closed and reopened the "Metatrader" app, or switched back to WiFi from mobile data, it worked again. So I suspect that there is a missing reference in some code target.

6. "Fingerprint sensor is very slow and sometimes doesn't work at all"

- there is nothing further to explain. I've set the maximum number of fingerprint scans and it's going really bad. Even without the original screen protector

7. "Permanent PIN query"

- The PIN is requested several times a day to unlock it 😕 that's really annoying and I don't know it from my other phones. After a restart, absolutely necessary! But not after 24 hours and not after 4 hours of inactivity. I'm sure many will agree with me. Please give us the opportunity to set or deactivate this yourself.

8. "Sampling rate of 720 Hz only hidden and difficult to activate"

- the sampling rate deserves its own button in the Game Genie menu, so that you can easily switch it on if you wish

9. "Night Light, or Eye Saver Mode as it should be called, also activates while gaming"

- that was not supposed to be like that. Games should bypass this mode. Or at least the option to be selectable via Game Genie.

10. "Playback volume / volume when playing music with Bluetooth headphones is sometimes too low"

- I turned the volume all the way up and turned it up to maximum on the Bluetooth headphones. It wasn't the usual maximum volume that was output. Turning the volume all the way down and then up again got it working again

11. "Constant Notification Sounds"

- there are always notification sounds when there are changes in the notification column, even when listening to music. Or watching videos in the browser. With actually every app that communicates something in a similar way to a music player (the so-called "banners are also affected". New song: bing notification, next song: bing notification. New video or similar Overcome the ad that comes before the video: bing notification. This is really annoying 😞

12. "Light sensor sometimes regulates very dark"

in low light conditions and the "automatic brightness" option regulates the phone very dark. It would be desirable if more consideration was given to the "manual correction" that is done manually. There is an option "Lock brightness" in Game Genie, but I had the feeling that this didn't work.

Suggestion: add a possibility to select a previously defined brightness with a button via Game Genie during gaming.

13. "With Airtrigger configuration: "Tap and swipe" the required pressure for typing is much too high"

- If you activate this, the required pressure to trigger a "tapping" is too high. I have already set the sensitivity to 1 in the associated options and can also see that I can theoretically trigger the buttons. But then it doesn't work in the game. Light touches are simply ignored.

Please give us the opportunity to have the same tap trigger conditions (sensitivity) for "Tap and Swipe" as for the "Tap" setting.

14. "My system lights don't show any charge status or anything"

- The system lighting works in Xmode when playing games. However, not outside of the games when loading or in other Situations i noticed so far

15. "Constant charging, or steady charging as it should be called, doesn't work"

- it says it's active and I've set it to both constant and ultra constant. In the evening, however, the phone charges to 80% with Hypercharge in 20-30 minutes and then it seems to wait until the next morning (scheduled charging is also active) and the phone is of course switched on. I've tried all possible combinations and never managed that it loads slowly.

16. "Bypass charging works, but why only in games?"

When the phones were announced, I actually understood that it generally has this function. It would make sense to be able to use this outside of Game Genie (e.g. on long car journeys and if you use the phone as a navigation system.

17. "LED only glows red orange green when charging"

- can the LED only have the two colors? Or shouldn't it be the case that the LED first lights up red, then orange, then yellow and from 80% green when charging?

18. "On calls, turn on/off the "loud"speaker from the notification window"

Unfortunately, there is no option to conveniently switch the speaker on or off. If you have to press the number keys during a call to be connected, you no longer see the original window to make such entries (loudspeaker on/off, record call...etc...)

Suggestion: Integrate the feature like everyone else, at the top of the notification bar

19. "Translation Error"

- It's not serious stuff, but for the impression I would have someone go through the menus to get the grammar and spelling mistakes removed. This will deter some and it doesn't necessarily look good for Asus in the German market.

20. "When minimizing Prime Video, the home screen does not work or freezes"

-If you minimize apps like Amazon Prime, they leave a small floating window where you can continue watching the video. When this change has taken place, I have a blank home screen and can't swipe left or right...only when I swipe up from the bottom does the home screen refresh and work again.(including the window from the video

-Similar is the error that when you navigate with Maps and say "hey google" the Maps is minimized and shows the small navigation window, instead of letting the Google Assistant work in parallel, as it should be.

21. "Airtrigger burst mode is missing"

- The gaming experience is almost perfect, but you forgot something important! With a real gaming phone you also have to be able to set a burst mode 🙂

So the possibility to set that if you continuously type the command on the screen has interruptions. Example: Burst mode with 0.1/0.5s. You press and hold the left air tigger. But the transmission is pressed for 0.1s...then 0.5s pause....0.1s pressed....then 0.5s pause.

Ok, that should be all I've found for now.

What I definitely find most annoying is the pin query that comes up so often, the problem with the one-handed mode which you can use given the enormous size, the slow and unreliable fingerprint sensor and the notification tones that have no reason... I first removed my music app from the Removed notification bar, but that's not a solution, it's just uncomfortable. Also, as I said, it's not just about music apps...

I hope this reaches a programmer who is really involved in the update development and I can thus do something / contribute to making the phone perfect. Because it definitely has potential.

I would be very happy to receive feedback if these lines actually reach a responsible programmer! And so that the quite lavish work (about 5h at this point...with the translation xD) for this bug report was not in vain 🙂

And now? let's play! See you on the battlefield!

ROG Phone 6 Bug Report / Glitch Report
You want to experience the Rog5 again just with downgraded hardware? then buy Rog6.

excavation5
Rising Star II
Hahahaha not bad .... 😄 only good thing in my country is that if i send my product 3 times to warranty i can take my money back similar thing happened to my rog phone 5 i send it to warranty and they "repair" it for 1 week but when i take the phone it wasn't repair they only change the battery after this i send it again and the phone wasn't ready till day 30 and after 30 days if the product is not repair and back to customer the customer have a choice to get replacement whit new one or take the money back so i take the money and pre-order rog phone 6 whit free AeroActive cooler and if this rog phone get broken 3 times for that 2 years warranty i will take my money back again and buy rog phone 7 if they make it good 😄