This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is completely out

noel_fornolles1
Star II
My Asus Zenfone 8 just turned 1 year and 1 month old, i bought it at pre-sale here in the Philippines.
It won't charge nor will it turn on. Nothing works, charging it makes the LED light at the bottom give a red blinking indication for a couple of minutes. It will not respond to pressing the power button and volume buttons.
I tried returning it to the seller but my warranty was only for 1 year.
8 REPLIES 8

keren_ASUS
Hi @noel.fornolles18
Hi there, we're so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Usually, the LED indicator will light red indicating that the system is at extremely low battery status. Please try charging your phone and then turning it on.
By any chance, did you accidently drop or damage the phone?

noel_fornolles1
Star II
Hi @keren_ASUS !
I did not drop it and i did try charging it for a long time but it still will not respond.
It happened while i was charging (34%) and browsing facebook, it stopped responding so I tried to turn it restart it. But it wouldn't turn on anymore.

keren_ASUS
I'm so sorry about that @noel.fornolles18. Unfortunately, you will need to reach out to customer support in order to resolve this. Here's the contact information so you can reach out to them. Thank you!
Official Support | ASUS Philippines

Hi @noel.fornolles18
It seems to be my problem as well. Exactly same symptoms, mine died when it was somewhere between 10 and 30% (don't recall exactly) and not charging. But I tried charging since, using different cables, different chargers, powerbank as well (my powerbank shows 5V/0.4A discharge rate when attempting to charge zenfone). So clearly something wrong here... And my phone was just over 1 years old as well... Clearly not "build to last"...