This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors/Issues during Build Upgrade

Pervage
Rising Star II
I have a thought, whenever we update new build some issues comes up which was not actually issues but a build cache issues. Which can cleared out when we do Factory Data Reset.
Opening this thread to understand if we can include the cache clear also so that it will be clean install because after every build update users can't factory reset the data. i know the users who will be facing issue will be less number but that's no a good experience for users.
Any thoughts and suggestions @Danishblunt @Matti @matteo.gramaglia@ARP_ASUS @Mattias @Admin
3 REPLIES 3

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
From what I understand is that on a firmware upgrade it should do exacly that already. Most issues are actually not caused by cache as they still persist even after clearing cache but because somewhere a file hasnt been written to the phone properly, which in turn causes all sorts of issues.

Pervage
Rising Star II
@Danishblunt If we give the option to reinstall the same version again...that save the Phone reset...Other brands I have used have option to re-download and re-install the same version again. If we also get the same option..file will be installed properly.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.