This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change preferred WiFi band from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz ?

Meiko
Star I
Hello, recently I got new my new Internet set up and it has no separate SSID for the 2.4 and 5 GHz network. Instead its all merged into one network, which is actually a welcome change. But when I enabled dual band on my Zenfone 8, the 5 GHz connection was only the secondary network, while the primary network was taken by the 2.4 GHz connection. As in my case connection stability is not an issue, so I would like to switch their positions.
Is there a setting to prioritize the 5 GHz connection over the 2.4 one?
3 REPLIES 3

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
I'm not sure, but i think in this case router decides which band use first (as I remember I had an option to choose in my router). If You separate these bands, and choose dual network in phone You can choose which network is primary and which secondary.

Meiko
Star I
Thank you for your reply. I have considered this option, but that would be the last resort, as I'm a fan of having both bands under one network. Instead I was hoping for a setting in the phone. I think I've seen similar settings on other Android OS's so it shouldn't be impossible.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.