This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repairs experience and general QC

EBA
Star II
Hi guys, my wife bought the phone almost one year ago as an upgrade of her Zenfone 6 flip and we imediatly had problems with the camera. I had to give her my phone and I took the Zenfone and the quest to solve the problems. The first problem was one of the weirdest bug ever: camera buttons were doing different tasks then they should have like wide button was zoom, selfi mode did not return the camera, group selfi was tele... It looked like the non flip update was pushed onto the flip version of the phone. Anyway the phone was fixed by Asus. All good. Fast fwd a couple of months later we have more problems: proximity sensor is dead, camera sometimes flips sometimes mentions something is blocking it. I've sent it again to Asus and today I've received it back with none of the problem solved claiming it was a software issure and everything works after they reinstalled it. I am long time Asus fanboy since my PC gaming years but this got me demoted real fast.
Almost forgot another issue I had. I carry the phone in jeans back pocket and found a lot of dust behind the lenses. Is the sealing that bad? Never had that problem with any phone I had. Maybe with the first repair they ruined the sealing? What do you think?
2 REPLIES 2

Karen_ASUS
Rising Star II
Dear EBA,
Sorry for the inconvenience that may cause you. We have sent a direct message to you. Could you provide us with the information through direct message?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.