Can't disable second screen of Asus zenbook pro duo

CorineGMECorineGME Level 1
edited August 11 in ZenBook

1. Model: UX581G
  2. Detailed description:It took me some time to figure out why I couldn't disable my second screen anymore and then I found out ScreenXpert was the cause of it. I wanted to open that program, but it said I was missing LibraService. Hence why I have no acces to the elements that you usually see on the second screen and the buttons to switch my second screen off doesn't work.
  3. Screenshot or video:

==========

Comments

• CorineGMECorineGME Level 1

I solved it by downloading:

Version 1.2.2.0

2020/02/06 5.23 MBytes

ASUS ScreenXpert Interface (Driver)

Upgrade driver to improve the user experience of ScreenPad 2.0/Plus while system resume.

• CorineGMECorineGME Level 1
    edited July 10

I thought I solved it by downloading that, but it was part of the solution.

1. I have downloaded: Version 1.2.2.0 2020/02/06 5.23 MBytes ASUS ScreenXpert Interface (Driver) Upgrade driver to improve the user experience of ScreenPad 2.0/Plus while system resume. On asus website at tools/drivers that was able to download for my laptop and windows 10
    2. Then I first clicked on uninstall, then install. At that moment it worked for me, but that was very short. I could see ScreenXpert on my second screen and I could disable the second screen again, but I couldn't enable it this time. I also tried it to run as administrator and then again, it worked for a short time.
    3. So what I had to do was: open AsusScreenXpertBase, right click on AsusLibraService.exe and open properties, then click on compatibility and mark run this program as administrator. I did the same with AsusLibraCheck.

I am really not known with IT stuff, so it took some time before I could fix the problems with my second screen. I wished that Asus had more steps to follow to fix these things with the ScreenXpert. Because at first I didn't even knew that ScreenXpert was the cause of not being able to disable/enable my second screen. To me a keyboard has keyboard drivers/tools to download for sure, but the fact that one microsoft app is needed to let my keyboard work as it should is very annoying. An app should be a tool and give extra's, but not being able to ruin my keyboard keys.

• @CorineGME

Could you please tell me the full model name of the laptop you are using?

Do you want to turn off the screen of the ScreenPad?

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

• Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.

This discussion has been closed.