This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Ultrafine 5k Thunderbolt Display : ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO : Intel i9 12900k iGPU

patrickhenry
Star I
I just wanted to respond to archanl's closed thread on this topic. I've read that what you need is a thunderbolt 3 or 4 card or a built thunderbolt on your motherboard that has: single or dual (preferred) DP in ports. That way the dedicated graphics card is handling the 5k monitor rather than the wimpy integrated graphics through the thunderbolt port.
There's a little more to it as the dedicated graphics card is most likely DP1.4 compatible whereas the LG 5K requires 2x DP 1.2 streams, so I think a single DP1.4 in should work. Perhaps someone can confirm. I will test all of this out with the: ASUS ProArt Z690-CREATOR WIFI LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard. But it may take me another 6-9 months to save up for all of the parts I want (i9 12th gen processor, DDR5 ram, etc...)
Does that make sense?
1 REPLY 1

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.