This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Partition Purpose

ret_zul
Star I
Hi there, i just want to installing windows 11 from usb drive and when i want to select where it to install, i found 3 partition called RECOVERY, RESTORE, MYASUS. what is the purpose of these partitions, i just won't do a wrong step to install
Is this safe to removed or not, and if removed, is this will remove warranty
Laptop type ASUS TUF F15 FX506HM
20220511-165608.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
When ASUS built the system, the partions were created to back to the original version of Windows.
If your unit is still in warranty and have issues of Windows 11, you still can go to service center to rebuilt the system back to original Windows 10.
Thank you.

ret_zul
Star I
GEEK_ASUS

Hi there,

When ASUS built the system, the partions were created to back to the original version of Windows.

If your unit is still in warranty and have issues of Windows 11, you still can go to service center to rebuilt the system back to original Windows 10.

Thank you.

View post
Thanks a lot for the information sir, but a question still worrying me is this better to leave these 3 partition untouched or removed too during installation, and when it removed will it affected to warranty
Thanks

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
I would suggest you leave the 3 partition untouched.
But basically,removed it won't affect the warranty.
Please note that if you send back service center, the technician will reinstall back to original Windows 10.
Thank you.

ret_zul
Star I
GEEK_ASUS

Hi there,

I would suggest you leave the 3 partition untouched.

But basically,removed it won't affect the warranty.

Please note that if you send back service center, the technician will reinstall back to original Windows 10.

Thank you.

View post
Ohh ok sir, thanks a lot for the information and suggestion sir 🙏