4K60fps / 8K Video stuttering

satoshikw
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5S
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.77
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera (Original camera app)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, all my videos recorded with my Rog Phone 5S is having video stuttering (and frame drops). Also it seems 8K videos is not even 30fps, I can really see the frame drops and asking for video information on Windows it says there's a variable frame rate and its minimum rate it's 15fps. It happens recording at 4K@60fps and 8K. I know this is not a chip performance issue as my old cellphone with Snapdragon 855 could easily record at 4K@60fps. And it shocks me that I had seen this issue occuring since 2020 and no post gives a real solution, and even a MOD said it would be fixed in a future update and we are in 2022 and it's still like this.

Someone said about turning off image stabilization but the result was the same. One of the reasons I updated my cellphone it was to record my travels in 8K, so I hope someone has a fix for it.

Thank you in advance,
Tarcísio Medeiros
2 REPLIES 2

Mattias_ASUS
Hello!
Sorry for the late reply, I was testing it myself and could not replicate the same issue, have you tried clearing the camera's cache?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.