31.1010.0410.61 face unlock problem

2»

Comments

• Same problem. Face recognition just stopped working. Clearing cache and restarting the phone works for few minutes...

• pio_zenpio_zen Level 2

Maybe not my favourite company but I have samsung tab S7 (not much choice on the market in android tablet category) . There was a lot of updates and no issues with them. Asus could be good replacement for OnePlus RIP but if you cannot manage software development then the case of smartphone industry is lost for you. Shame...

• I got the same problem. When i restart my phone it works but afer a few hours it stops recognizing me again

• Ronni2Ronni2 Level 1

Please correct, after unlocking via FOTA, face unlocking also does not work.The procedude for removing the face and resetting the Asus face ulock service only works temporarily, then the phone stops unlocking with the face again

• Ronni2Ronni2 Level 1

The problem is still over the recommended steps and restarting the phone.

• mickey10021mickey10021 Level 2
    edited May 9

For some reason durable mode causing the camera service to die after a while. The logs shows something like this.

2022-05-08 23:00:17.743 1428-21997/? E/Camera3-OutputStream: getBufferLockedCommon: Stream 0: Can't dequeue next output buffer: Connection timed out (-110)
    2022-05-08 23:00:18.744 1428-21997/? E/Camera3-OutputStream: getBufferLockedCommon: Stream 0: Can't dequeue next output buffer: Connection timed out (-110)
    2022-05-08 23:00:19.744 1428-21997/? E/Camera3-OutputStream: getBufferLockedCommon: Stream 0: Can't dequeue next output buffer: Connection timed out (-110)
    2022-05-08 23:00:20.745 1428-21997/? E/Camera3-OutputStream: getBufferLockedCommon: Stream 0: Can't dequeue next output buffer: Connection timed out (-110)
    2022-05-08 23:00:21.148 1428-21997/? E/Camera3-OutputStream: getBufferLockedCommon: Stream 0: Can't dequeue next output buffer: No such device (-19)

I was on dynamic mode for a few days and when I tried durable, the face unlock no longer works until restart the device.

For now avoid using durable mode. Stay on dynamic

• versanjeevversanjeev Level 1
    edited May 9

After the update (.61) the face unlock issue appeared. Deleted the old face and registered new face data. It started working. After few unlocks it stops working again. Didn't delete the cache though

However restarting the phone it starts working again. There is no fixed pattern or time on what stops it and how long it works.

End Game : It's the same experience as others not a permanent solution

Will Cache deletion in addition to face deletion help ?

Asus please reply

• Same problem here.

• rzvromrzvrom Level 1

Face unlocking also not working for me after last update.

• mar7cinmar7cin Level 1

Same here. Face unlock don't work

• agavenas9agavenas9 Level 1

Ta pati problema. Neveikia atrakinimas veidu. Asus labai daug klaidų. Per garsiakalbį kalbėt neįmanoma, nes girdisi aidas kitam gale. Pradedu gailėtis išleidęs 700 eurų šitam telefonui🤯

• MrAvengerMrAvenger Level 2

Funny how Asus support goes quiet when something big is stuffed up.. What a joke and one week on and the issue still not fixed.

• And let's not forget, we still don't have an official response on the ramdump issue.

• Same problem here.

Please adress this major issue ASAP.

• u1286u1286 Level 1
    edited May 13

Same problem, after latest update on Asus 8z, face unlock is not working, tried clearing cache and restarting - it did not help and even set the battery mode to dynamic, that did not help as well.

• Timo VosTimo Vos Level 2

I thought I bought a premium flagship device (with corresponding price!), but the issues sum up on this device. Very dissapointed. I'm very understanding, but limits are reached.

My next device will not be an Asus.

This discussion has been closed.