Screen refresh rate is abnormal after Android 12 update.

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 5
  2. Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.67
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Anytime

========================================

Hey, I'm facing an issue in my device that I've noticed a while ago which is that my phone's screen refresh rate suddenly automatically drops to 40 fps or something lower, when select Auto.

It affects game fps as well as phone UI itself. Can someone help me out.

Comments

• For mi it also happens even if i fix it 120hz sometimes ut stays at 60 or lower until i cycle back

• The problem is in the update everyone have a lot of problems after this update so we wait next update and have hope the things is going to be better

• Hi anshubhan9,

Can you share a video for the same.

• excavation5excavation5 Level 1
    edited May 2

I can show you a video about the problem

I use this settings

Also in the game i use this setting

And in the end this is the video about the problem that i have i all my games also i try to reinstall the games delete all cache data use Xmode also i have 2 gb free ram when i play and no background workings apps also i have around 50 ping and normal temperature about 43C and this is the results .... I am sure anshubhan9 have the some problem like other people that i know whit the same rog phone 5 also the game before the upgrade to .77 never use more than 40-50% of CPU power another thing is my battery go down very fast after the update to .77 and other thing is the advanced gaming profiles in advance tunnig doesnt work i have around 8 profiles for different game and no one work

• excavation5excavation5 Level 1
    edited May 2

Also another thing that i noticed is when i start a stress test whit Xmode and lower temperature my Cpu frequency for cores 5,6,7,8 are not stable they go up and down and the CPU usage dot go more than 81% i am sure this same thing happens when i play game and that makes fps drops so bigs also i will uplode the video of the 1 minute test

TEST VIDEO

And i almost forget becouse of this software problem whit CPU frequency when i trying to play games the phone get hot very fast and sometimes the temperature go above 46C for no so heavy game like COD mobile or mobile legends also my room temperature is about 24C

I try to explain everything whit more details i have hope that i can help you whit something