Zenfone 7 Pro No OTA updates

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: WW-30.41.69.170
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi,

I Rooted my Zefone 7 last year, I've been using it like this for some time, after I started having issues with banking apps, then 2 months ago I relocked the bootloader, and wiped all data in order to have a clean firmware install with the Android 11 version 30.41.69.170 (no root now). So yesterday, after browsing Asus website I read there was another firmware update, WW-30.41.69.174.

The strange thing here is that despite I relocked again the bootloader, there is no OTA update, do you know if ASUS is still blacklisting phones with unlocked/relocked bootloader?

Regards

Comments

• Once you unlocked bootloader, You will no longer receive OTA update. There is no going back and blacklist remain intact

• wirazowirazo Level 1

Thanks for your answer.

• RoystoysRoystoys Level 4

You can still use whatever OS version you want, you just need to download it from the Asus download site and uploaded / update it yourself

• wirazowirazo Level 1

Thanks, I have just upgraded to Android 12, however, I lost some features, let's hope for a new update to solve this bugs.