This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook crashes when plugging AKG Perception USD microphone - please help!

System: WINDOWS 11
Battery or AC:
Model: ASUS ZenBook Duo UX482EA
Frequency of occurrence: EVERY TIME I WANT TO PLUG MIC IN
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:

Hi there,

I bought this laptop to mix music using Ableton Live. So far I have no problem at all, I really like the double screen etc but just when I want to use my AKG Perception microphone to use the much needed vocals the laptop shots down. It does display an error code but the screen changes so fast I was unable to record it.
Please can anyone help how to solve this issue? I really want to use the mic with this laptop and it must have a solution.

Appreciate your help very much.

Thx
5 REPLIES 5

Let's do this again, I was interrupted by my child and posted before reviewing it myself... so let me please clear the message, sorry.

My laptop shots down in the very second I plug in my microphone (AKG Perception 120 USB).

Please would you help how I can solve this issue?

Thanks

Falcon_ASUS
DJquestions

Let's do this again, I was interrupted by my child and posted before reviewing it myself... so let me please clear the message, sorry.

My laptop shots down in the very second I plug in my microphone (AKG Perception 120 USB).

Please would you help how I can solve this issue?

Thanks

View post
@DJquestions
Could your laptop still be turned on normally?
If it cannot be turned on, please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - Notebook cannot power on and shows black screen | Official Support | AS...If it can be turned on normally, if you connect another microphone to exchange the test, the laptop can work normally, or will it also reboot?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Hi, no unfortunately the laptop keeps trying to reboot and collapse during the mic is plugged in. Once I unplug the mic the laptop reboots perfectly.

Just tried it again today, same happened.
Is there any solution to this? Any setting I can check or follow?
The aim is to plug mic in without problem whenever I want to use it and record the vocals.
My old computer was a Dell, much not at all this supersonic as this Asus but never had an issue like this.

Any advice is really appreciated please.

Thanks.
Szofia

Falcon_ASUS
DJquestions Szofia

Hi, no unfortunately the laptop keeps trying to reboot and collapse during the mic is plugged in. Once I unplug the mic the laptop reboots perfectly.

Just tried it again today, same happened.

Is there any solution to this? Any setting I can check or follow?

The aim is to plug mic in without problem whenever I want to use it and record the vocals.

My old computer was a Dell, much not at all this supersonic as this Asus but never had an issue like this.

Any advice is really appreciated please.

Thanks.

Szofia

View post
@DJquestions Szofia
According to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.