FLOW X13 2021, which USB C port works as DisplayPort?

ARog2ARog2 Level 1
edited May 16 in Others
  1. System: Flow X13
  2. Model: GV301QC-K6133T
  3. OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
  4. Version: 10.0.19044 N/A Build 19044
  5. BIOS Version: GV301QC.409, 2022-01-27

========================

Detailed description: The device is from Germany, which USB C port works as DisplayPort?

Bought a USB C hub (Brand: Novoo) and tried to connect the left and right USB C ports and the results are the following: Left USB C port: the mouse, keyboard and Bluetooth headset, charging are not working and the dual external monitors are not working.

Right USB C port: the mouse, keyboard and Bluetooth headset, charging is not working (due to German SKU) and the dual external monitors are not working.

Both monitors are working, USB C hub is working (connected to Thinkpad T14, charging, dual external monitors, mouse, keyboard and Bluetooth headset).

What could the issue be? Windows OS, USB C ports, firmware or drivers?

Comments

• Hi there,

Please update BIOS to the latest version.

Ver. 409 was released on 02/14/2022.

Thank you.

• ARog2ARog2 Level 1

Hi,

I tried first with MyAsus it says: Your device is up to date.

Went to the support page and tried first with BIOS Update (Windows), the installer started, extract files etc restart the computer but the date didn't change

I tried with EZ flash utility at least this time it goes updated because I switched off the sound of when the logo appears and after the update got the sound came back again

When I look into the BIOS is providing following information (same info before the upgrade):

BIOS Version:409

GOP Version 2.16

EC Version;FG070F0E.30A

and when I ran systeminfo on the cmd is still show:

BIOS Version:       American Megatrends International, LLC. GV301QC.409, 2022-01-27

• Hi there,

Did you try update USB driver?

Please refer to below link to update.

Thank you.

• ARog2ARog2 Level 1

Hello, thanks for the link, followed the instructions

according to Device Manager I have two:

AMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)

and after running the Search the result is: The best drivers for your device are already installed.

I tried also "Search for updated drivers on Windows Update" it didn't provide any Optional install/update.

Had a look at properties on both "AMD USB 3.1..."

Driver Provider: Microsoft

Driver Date: 2022-02-10

Driver Version 10.0.19041.1566

• Hi there,

If updating BIOS and driver could not resolve the issue.

You may consider reset the system.

Please ensure your important data is backup.

Or I would suggest contact service center to do further inspection.

Thank you.

• ARog2ARog2 Level 1

hello, hello,

just want to double-check, when you say to reset the system, you mean to reinstall windows 10 correct?

Thanks in advance.

• Hello,

Because the other function of your PC is fine, I am wondering it's setting issue.

Therefore I am thinking of try reset Windows first.

If you would like to reinstall Windows 10, that's also ok.

But no matter which way,please ensure your important data is backup.

Thank you.

• ARog2ARog2 Level 1

Hi there,

it seems like the usb c hub (Novoo 12 port hub) is not compatible with flow x13. I manage to get hold of another USB C hub (HDMI, VGA, DVI, USB) and connected that to either USB C port and it worked, the ports worked as DisplayPort. With the 4 ports USB C I can only connect one monitor at a time.

With that, I can assume the USB-C ports on my Flow X-13 can work as a DisplayPort, correct? or could it be a problem with the ports so I should send in the laptop for service?

Do you have any recommendations for what USB C hub I should get?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi there,

Thanks for your cross check.

Yes, Flow X-13 USB-C can work as DisplayPort.

You may check below if there is dock that fit your need.

All series|Docks Dongles and Cable|ASUS Global

Thank you.

• ARog2ARog2 Level 1

Hi again,

I had a look on the site and found that the following dock could fit my need:

ASUS Dual 4K USB-C Dock

ASUS OS200 USB-C DONGLE

However, none of them is compatible with GV301QC (according to the compatibility page and 4K USB-C Dock is not available on asus.de.

Do you have any other ideas/suggestions on brands that may work with Flow X-13?

Thanks in advance

• Hi there,

For other brand, we did not further test the compatibility to the unit.

We could not have suggestions to you.

Thanks for your understanding.

• ARog2ARog2 Level 1

Hello, hello,

Understood. and thanks for all feedback.

Any recommendation I should check on specifications that can help to find the right USB-C hub, if not you can close this discussion. By mistake, I created the same discussion previously, I don't have the right to delete the other thread/discussion, feel free to delete it.

Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.