This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and Hotspot Suddenly not Working. Seriously ASUS?

Speed_Rebirth
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: .226
Rooted or not: Non Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE IS TO TRUST ASUS. I'LL RECOMMEND EVERYONE NOT TO BUY ANY ASUS DEVICE IN FUTURE.
Today i observed that my wifi and Hotspot is not working suddenly.
There are plenty of users who already faced this issue. Now moderators will say please contact to service centre and get your motherboard replaced. How many days they'll ruin it is not countable.
Then what?
What is the guarantee that this will not repeat in future? Already reviewed some profiles saying after motherboard replacement they're facing the same issue again.
Didn't expect with ASUS that foolish thing.
Thank You Asus for this Lovely Device.
**ASUS IS A BIG FAILURE**
25 REPLIES 25

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi chi8104,
I understand your concern, I or any other mod may ask you to visit the SC is because that is the fastest way to get back your device up and running.
Coming to future issues, ASUS is always there to support even post your warranty expires there isn't any commitment we still can come to a common ground and find the best solution for the community.

jase_manning
Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi chi8104,

I understand your concern, I or any other mod may ask you to visit the SC is because that is the fastest way to get back your device up and running.

Coming to future issues, ASUS is always there to support even post your warranty expires there isn't any commitment we still can come to a common ground and find the best solution for the community.

View post
I'm sorry, but that simply isn't true. My screen failed on my ROG 5 and ASUS wouldn't replace it either under warranty or as a paid-for repair. I had to buy an inferior screen (hit & miss fingerprint reader) from AliExpress in order to continue using the device.
Terrible service from ASUS!

FunBike31
Community Legend I
jase.manning

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207473#Comment_207473

I'm sorry, but that simply isn't true. My screen failed on my ROG 5 and ASUS wouldn't replace it either under warranty or as a paid-for repair. I had to buy an inferior screen (hit & miss fingerprint reader) from AliExpress in order to continue using the device.

Terrible service from ASUS!

View post
Haha, I'm not an ASUS pro (anymore) and Asus moderators are expected to have good behavior and can't tell you this.
The average price of a Rog 5 pro in the currency of the country and converted into Euro
Thailand THB 44642 or EUR-1215
Hong Kong HKD. 6.753 or EUR-781.87
Europe EUR-1,199
Currently I can buy the Global model in Hong Kong for € 680.35 + € 102 postage
For this saving, I have no Asus warranty (2 years here), no exchange or 30-day refund from the best local retailers, no 7-day return, sending for repairs is at my expense and many other bad surprises possible .
You played and you lost but you would have liked the butter, the money for the butter and the... for the creamer

Speed_Rebirth
Star III
ARP_ASUS

Hi chi8104,

View post
What if this wifi and Hotspot issue still arises after replacing the motherboard post warranty?
Wouldn't you charge anything for another replacement?
It's failure of Asus not ours. So before buying we thought wow it's a flagship killer. I'll use this device for 3 4 years without thinking about other device. But now the scenario is changed.
Why would we suffer because of Asus Failure? We paid to Asus for its flagship device.
So what will Asus do after warranty expires and still we face this issue?
@ARP_ASUS