Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 (ASUS-I003D)
Firmware Version: WW-18.0410.2201.196
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: frequent
APP Name & APP Version: N/A
============================
I've been noticing that ever since the last update (.196), my phone has been disconnecting from my mobile network (T-Mobile US) pretty frequently. Like, several times each day. I don't think this was happening with the previous update (.192) or earlier, or maybe I just wasn't noticing it.
screenshot-20220311-062650085-281-29.png
I've checked the SMMI tests just to make sure, and doesn't seem like it's a hardware issue. I've been using the same SIM card since I got this phone, and I've made sure the APN settings are correct.
Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8

BPM
Rising Star II
Still happening... Still looking for any ideas of what I can do to troubleshoot (or if it's just an issue with with the .196 update).

BPM
Rising Star II
Could use some help here, thanks

keren_ASUS
Hi BPM,
Have you tried resetting your network settings or reset the phone? Also, try updating the firmware to the latest version. But if everything looks correct settings wise, please try giving a call to T-Mobile to see if there are any issues on their end.
However, I will report this to our team and update you with any new info I get. Thank you!

BPM
Rising Star II
keren_ASUS

Hi BPM,

Have you tried resetting your network settings or reset the phone? Also, try updating the firmware to the latest version. But if everything looks correct settings wise, please try giving a call to T-Mobile to see if there are any issues on their end.

However, I will report this to our team and update you with any new info I get. Thank you!

View post
I've reset my network and APN settings, rebooted my phone, several times.
However, I do see that there is a new update that was published last week. It hasn't been pushed to my phone OTA yet (and I prefer OTA updates over manual updates, since manual updating doesn't change the update notes).
I'll update once I get the OTA update to see if that fixes anything.