cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 need new GPU Drivers

celsojunioroliv
Star III
Hi, good night!

I would like asus to change the GPU drivers version. I'm requesting this, due to the V530 version being "broken". The reflection of this is in the AetherSX2 emulator, when I try to render something in vulkan like the game "Black" it crashes, on my Galaxy Tab S7 (Drivers V502) it opens normally. Another notable problem is the game GTA San Andreas inside that same emulator, on my galaxy tab S7 it runs at 4x without bottlenecks or lag, on the zenfone 8 it causes a lot of bottlenecks (this I'm comparing a SoC that is much inferior to the present snapdragon 888, tab S7 uses 865+). In the eggns emulator I notice a lot of unusual glitch's in zelda breath of wild. Honestly, I don't know what qualcomm did in the V530 version, but I suggest Asus to change that version, as it's horrible for the user experience.
5 REPLIES 5

Gaming performance used to be better but after december updates Asus tweaked thermals. Now the phone thorttles right after starting the game. Also, benchmark scores are lower on dynamic mode.

R_2
Rising Star II
Yes. Where are the updatable gpu drivers through play store? They made fun of us...

celsojunioroliv
Star III
Well, the forum is dead ?

R_2
Rising Star II
Can we know at least if we'll ever have drivers update?