Problem In Asus Rog 5 Wifi Not Working

blaze0855blaze0855 Level 1
edited March 31 in ROG Phone 5

I have Updated To Android 12 My Wifi Is Not Working And Waiting A Long For Wifi . kindly Check The Problem Asus And Resolve The Issue As Soon As Possible I Am Facing This Lot Of Problem Office Work Is Also Pending .

Comments

• Same issue for TOO long. Looks like legal is the only option. We didn't spend our hard earned money for this issue to go on unresolved this long.

• Any My Hotspot Also Now Not Working Kindly Fix Is Asus

• Same problem here too. After yesterday's released update which was of 59mb, my wifi has stopped working along with the hotspot. @Gustav_ASUS @TITAN @Irene. Please check to it. I certainly sure that yesterday's update messed up all this wifi issue.

I am not a gamer or do any heavy usage that it will mess up with internal parts. Your software release has caused this issues so request you to kindly send an update asap and fix it

• Everything was perfect till the previous firmware for Android 12. I was very happy and am sure others too were in the beta program. But this update has created a huge mess.

• "I certainly sure that yesterday's update messed up all this wifi issue."

Not really.... it's certainly sure that it has nothing to do with the update... aren't the 12424543535 thousand threads with the same issue and explanations enough to get to know this is not a software issue?

• "I certainly sure that yesterday's update messed up all this wifi issue." "But this update has created a huge mess."

Not really.. it's certainly sure, this issue has nothing to do with the update. Aren't the other 12534534412 thousands threads enough to get to know it's not a software issue?

• Yeah i know. Have seen these threads before.

But its confusing that how come just after a single update in Android 12 beta ,so many people are reporting the same. Its only after yesterday's update everyone from Android 12 beta are reporting the same issue.

Whatever it is i simply want an downgrade option to verify it myself.

• You can flash the previous android 11 version whenever you want but that won't fix your burnd WiFi chip. Only a motherboard placement can do this.

The update doesn't break it the update just causes a restart which then causes the drivers to reload but since your WiFi chip is burned they can't be loaded -> thus no WiFi

• You can flash the previous android 11 version whenever you want but that won't fix your burnd WiFi chip. Only a motherboard replacement can do this.

The update doesn't break it the update just causes a restart which then causes the drivers to reload but since your WiFi chip is burned they can't be loaded -> thus no WiFi

• Wow. I mean this is just amazing to hear that such a big company and no one from their team is owing to it. Basically their poor hardware is being fried up by the updates. So which means even if they replace the motherboard, in future when my phone goes out of warranty and an update fries my motherboard, I will be bearing the cost of it. Such a treacherous way of extorting money from us.

I wonder why haven't we taken it to mass media platform and sued these people. Why don't they own to a fault in their device I wonder. Pathetic!!!

• Despite the clear explanations of ZT-6ba223c6 you continue to incriminate the maj ???

While unlikely, it's still a possibility for those in Android 12 beta, unlike those in A11, 226 or it's sure to be HARDWARE.

We can also note that there are users in the Beta A12 programs who use their ROG5 for work despite the warnings!!!!!, sorry, but you have to blame yourself.

• What exactly was hard to understand in "the update doesn't harm you". The very same would have happened if you just restarted your phone... It's a hardware issue, send your phone to a repair center, they'll most likely replace it and extend your warranty like it was the case for most others.

Of course broken devices are unfortunate, I'm sure it could have been prevented and I can totally see it's a bad experience. I can see your frustration as well but that shouldn't prevent you from logical thinking.

• Hi blaze0855,

Apology for the experience. For now, request you to please visit the service center. Please share the RMA via PM if you have any issues during service or any issues confirm via PM as well.

Thanks.

• Even after motherboard change the many are reporting that they are facing same WiFi issue along with other problems. So if such things reoccurring again when the phone is out of warranty is Asus charging us? I heard that they are charging from the service centre around 40k Indian Rupees. If so why should i get my phone repaired if there is no solution to this problem.

• You sound like if they want something from you 😂😂😂

Why are people like that? Many say the very same thing "why should I let them repair my phone" (as if it's an honor).I really don't get it but I would like to understand you... it's for free... What would your alternative be? Not using it at all and buy a new one in order to prevent repairing costs later?

So you basically say you are upset because it will cost you something when you are out of warranty thus there is no reason to repair it and buy a new phone. Well then, problem solved I guess 💁

• Yeah exactly. Why shall a consumer who has shelled his hard earned bear the pain whether its in warranty or not. When its a fault in the hardware they need to recall the device. They are using the same motherboard with no official statement that the problem has been resolved. So how do i trust after seeing so many users complaining to visit the service centre 3 to 4 times for the replacement. Why should i defer to update my phone when we all have paid a good chunk of money for what they have marketed! I wonder how many people do visit in a year for a premium phone they have invested on from other brands.

• And fyi i am not refraining myself from changing my motherboard. I am being skeptical that even after the change problems are still recurring. And yes , if all the users as reported the motherboard issue keeps on happening why should i pay when my phone goes out of warranty for a faulty device from Asus that can never be rectified.

• In a perfect world they would recall the hardware but that's not how it works. Economy doesn't work that way. If asus was that kind the company wouldn't even be able to build phones in the first place cause they would be swallowed by the market.

It's really unfortunate and I don't like it either but that's how the world works - that's what the buisness is and we won't be able to change it unless we all change our consuming habits worldwide.

As soon as you are out of warranty you should not repair it and buy a new one. However I totally forgot - again - not every country has as good warranty rules as mine so maybe you don't have 2/3 years what is usual for me. If that's the case I can understand you much better.

I can only assume/hope as soon as the chip shortage ends and as soon as they can deliver new charges it will become less likely to break again and again.

In the end I am in the same situation as you but I don't care too much.. If mine breaks I'll let it repair but until then I'm extremely happy with it. It's not worth the worry in my opinion.

• You can flash the previous android 11 version whenever you want but that won't fix your burnd WiFi chip. Only a motherboard replacement can do this.

This discussion has been closed.