This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture card stuck at 60hz on some cards with higher passthrough

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
So I tested some cards and it seems that some cards do not play well with the Rog3 and probably by extension Rog5. For whatever reason the Phone thinks the capture card cannot go beyond 60hz.
Cards that will run 120hz+ are the El Gato 4k60 pro and ASUS RUF Gaming Capture CU4k30, however other more generic brands seem to struggle with the Rog3.
I already messaged @Gustav_ASUS about it and hopefully the devs will figure out whats going on, however until then do proper research before buying a capture card.
8 REPLIES 8

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Danishblunt Are you able to force 1080/120 on the capture card, or is it dynamic (and up to the device to negotiate which mode to use) ?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Gustav_ASUS

@Danishblunt Are you able to force 1080/120 on the capture card, or is it dynamic (and up to the device to negotiate which mode to use) ?

View post
Cannot force 1080p 120 since the rog3 is stuck at 60hz.

The capture card will only allow 1080p120 on 120hz + signals. Simce rog3 is stuck at 60hz it doesnt let me select beyond 60fps.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
What I mean is, can you set the capture card to 1080/120 before connecting a device like the ROG Phone 3?
If not, and correct me if I'm wrong, you're saying that:
ROG Phone 3 set to 120 Hz -> Connect phone to the capture card -> ROG Phone reverts down to 60 Hz.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Gustav_ASUS

What I mean is, can you set the capture card to 1080/120 before connecting a device like the ROG Phone 3?

If not, and correct me if I'm wrong, you're saying that:

ROG Phone 3 set to 120 Hz -> Connect phone to the capture card -> ROG Phone reverts down to 60 Hz.

View post
correct. it reverts to 60hz.
turns out I can record 120fps even tho input is capped at 60fps/60hz. So it records 120FPS but probably doubles the frames due to half the FPS.
So yeah, it's absolutely the Rog3 at this point.