ASUS UX581G i9, 32 GB - issues
- System: Windows 11
- Battery or AC: OEM ASUS 19V 11A
- Model: UX581G, i9 32 GB ram
- Frequency of occurrence: often
- Reset OS: yes
- Screenshot or video: on its way.
I recently purchased a secondhand Duo pro UX581G i9 with 32 GB ram.
I have ran into a couple of problems- unsure if it’s related to drivers and Windows 11 but I’m hoping someone may have had these issues before and have been able to address them:
- laptop is set to remain ‘on’ all day turning off the screen after 10min however, sometimes the screen doesn’t come back. I’ll be playing radio on it and I hear the radio fine but then a buffer noise when I click and move the mouse. The machine remains off until I completely hold the power button. I’m running the latest bios and drives from the ASUS website.
- The webcam, when waiting for your face to login flickers just below it onto the screen below on the right hand side, is this something to worry about? Do others also have this?
the boot time even on a clean windows install seems to be slower than my old ancient ROG that was running unsupported Windows 11 but it’s performance was stunning, this machine.. I feel should be much better than the ROG but doesn’t seem to be the case… I’m worried the Zenbook may have a hardware fault- is there ASUS diagnostics I could run on this machine to make sure that is not the case? I’ve looked in the BIOS but have not found anything similar to what DELL has with their machines. If anyone knows what I could run to double check everything is okay that would be the first step for me I suppose.