This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired headphones issue

Toni0407
Star II
Hi @Irene2_ASUS hope you are doing well.
I am contacting you as I have been experiencing a specific issue with calls when plugging my headphones. Specifically when I call The device shuts down after few seconds/minutes. I got the last firmware version and tried different wired headphones but the probem persists. I went through all the comments related to this issue and I saw your name and I was wondering if you could help me address this problem.
Many thanks in advance.
Antonio
3 REPLIES 3

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @Toni0407,
I have tried reproducing it with a couple of headphones but I couldn't encounter this error.
Did you try different headphones and experience the same issue with all? Could you let me know the headphone models you've try?
I will also send you a PM with further steps to collect a log so that our devs can investigate this issue further.
Check your inbox.
Thanks!

Toni0407
Star II
Hi @Irene2_ASUS,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I tried the headphones provided when I bought my Asus Zenfone 8 (3,5 mm). I have also tried Samsung headphones, still 3,5 mm, but nothing has changed. However if I call with Bluetooth headphones o just making normal calls without wired headphones, the device works smoothly.
I also went through your message, I will follow the procedure as soon as I have time to do it.
Do you think is a problem related to the hardware or software?
Thanks again for your help.
Regards,
Antonio

Toni0407
Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @Toni0407,

I have tried reproducing it with a couple of headphones but I couldn't encounter this error.

Did you try different headphones and experience the same issue with all? Could you let me know the headphone models you've try?

I will also send you a PM with further steps to collect a log so that our devs can investigate this issue further.

Check your inbox.

Thanks!

View post
Hi @Irene2_ASUS,
I followed the procedure you gave me but of course the phone didn't shut down while recording. It happened when I was at work and that forced me to use my speaker all time. I can tell you that it is very annoying.
I do not know what to do, I will try tomorrow, probably it depends on time slots. Really I do not know.
In the meantime, if you have any suggestions they will be more than welcome.
Speak soon