Wired headphones issue

Toni0407Toni0407 Level 1
edited February 11 in ZenFone 8

Hi @Irene2_ASUS hope you are doing well.

I am contacting you as I have been experiencing a specific issue with calls when plugging my headphones. Specifically when I call The device shuts down after few seconds/minutes. I got the last firmware version and tried different wired headphones but the probem persists. I went through all the comments related to this issue and I saw your name and I was wondering if you could help me address this problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Antonio

Comments

• Hi @Toni0407,

I have tried reproducing it with a couple of headphones but I couldn't encounter this error.

Did you try different headphones and experience the same issue with all? Could you let me know the headphone models you've try?

I will also send you a PM with further steps to collect a log so that our devs can investigate this issue further.

Check your inbox.

Thanks!

• Hi @Irene2_ASUS,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried the headphones provided when I bought my Asus Zenfone 8 (3,5 mm). I have also tried Samsung headphones, still 3,5 mm, but nothing has changed. However if I call with Bluetooth headphones o just making normal calls without wired headphones, the device works smoothly.

I also went through your message, I will follow the procedure as soon as I have time to do it.

Do you think is a problem related to the hardware or software?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Antonio

• Hi @Irene2_ASUS,

I followed the procedure you gave me but of course the phone didn't shut down while recording. It happened when I was at work and that forced me to use my speaker all time. I can tell you that it is very annoying.

I do not know what to do, I will try tomorrow, probably it depends on time slots. Really I do not know.

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions they will be more than welcome.

Speak soon

This discussion has been closed.