This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint sensor not detected on my Asus Vivobook Pro 15 OLED (M3500, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H)

fowled
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: n/a
Model: Vivobook Pro 15 OLED (M3500, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H)
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: Windows 10
Screenshot or video: in description
========================
Detailed description:
Hi everyone.
I bought my Vivobook last week, and I am more than satisfied with it.
However, Windows Hello (on Windows 11) fails to detect the fingerprint reader, normally integrated to the power button (not allowed to post links for now, see linked image or laptop techspec).
Of course, I have installed and reinstalled the official biometric authentication driver. Without success: the sensor is still not detected in the device manager.
The product description of my PC, where I bought it, clearly mentions a fingerprint sensor.
I really don't know what to do. I've linked several images to help you understand the problem.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
fowled
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: n/a
  3. Model: Vivobook Pro 15 OLED (M3500, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: always
  5. Reset OS: Windows 10
  6. Screenshot or video: in description

========================

Detailed description:

Hi everyone.

However, Windows Hello (on Windows 11) fails to detect the fingerprint reader, normally integrated to the power button (not allowed to post links for now, see linked image or laptop techspec).

Of course, I have installed and reinstalled the official biometric authentication driver. Without success: the sensor is still not detected in the device manager.

The product description of my PC, where I bought it, clearly mentions a fingerprint sensor.

I really don't know what to do. I've linked several images to help you understand the problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

applicationframehost-olrvmkusid.png

mmc-sjy358v5ns.png

firefox-kdzxvcceko.png

Fingerprint sensor not detected on my Asus Vivobook Pro 15 OLED (M3500, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H)
@fowled
I have sent a message to you, please check.
Thank you.

Falcon_ASUS
fowled
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: n/a
  3. Model: Vivobook Pro 15 OLED (M3500, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: always
  5. Reset OS: Windows 10
  6. Screenshot or video: in description

========================

Detailed description:

Hi everyone.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

applicationframehost-olrvmkusid.png

mmc-sjy358v5ns.png

firefox-kdzxvcceko.png

@fowled
Query by your serial number, your laptop does not have the fingerprint recognition chip.
Could you tell me where you saw the described information? ("The product description of my PC, where I bought it, clearly mentions a fingerprint sensor." )
If you really need this feature, I might recommend you to return the product with the dealer.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.