This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant requests to restart the computer when using multiple Windows user accounts

realstephenbair
Star III
The issue described here is still a problem: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47409/constant-prompts-to-restart-windows-to-finish-setting-u...

I'm fairly sure this is easy to reproduce with two Windows user accounts. Very frustrating.
6 REPLIES 6

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Stephen,
I have been waiting for your log since May for this issue.
Thank you very much.

realstephenbair
Star III
Have you tried to reproduce it?
I'm not sure how to capture it with the logging utility, since it happens at logon time.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Stephen,
This issue couldn't be reproduced from my side.
Please kindly support.
Thank you.

realstephenbair
Star III
As I reported in my other thread that is now closed, this issue is related to AsusLibra.exe and AsusLibraService.exe. I see entries in Event Viewer that these processes are blocking the ejection of touch screen and pen hardware devices. I have tried uninstalling the "ASUS ScreenXpert Interface" device in Device Manager -> System devices, but it just comes back on reboot, even if I opt to uninstall the driver files. I can't see any way to prevent AsusLibra.exe and AsusLibraService.exe from running at startup. What are they doing?
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all ASUS drivers multiple times, and the problem always occurs. I can't believe that you can't reproduce this. There is nothing else running on my machine. If you just create two Windows accounts (user level, not admin) and sign out of one and sign into the other, the problem happens. I understand that very few people do this and would never see this error.