Whatsapp Notification - Vibrate does not work

Felix_J
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version:18.0840.2111.200
Rooted or not:Not
Frequency of Occurrence:Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Whatsapp & 2.21.24.22
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Vibrate does not work for Whatsapp notifications - New msgs for Direct or groups chats
I have checked all related settings and it seems to be correct, This is the only app having the issue.
I have tried clearing cache, reboot, re-install etc - No luck in fixing it.
I tested other IM apps like Telegram and it worked, New msgs on instagram also works

2 REPLIES 2

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I believe that if we were to award a gold medal for the most buggy program in the playstore, Whatsapp would win it without a problem and for several years to come 🙂
Try to turn the Whatsapp notification tone on and off
This works for some users, for others when you turn off the tone it turns off the vibrations again. to test for you.
It is not an Asus problem, post your message to Whatsapp, they know very well the problem which concerns many brands.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Felix J,
Can you check the above. I am using What's App on vibrate and with sound both works fine. Mostly it seems What's App issue. You may wait for an App update.