Star I
System: Asus Zenbook UX311U Notebook PC
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zenbook UX311U
Frequency of occurrence: Every Time Trackpad is used
Reset OS: Clean Windows 10 install 12.21.21
Screenshot or video: No
========================
Detailed description:I recently had to perform a clean install of Windows after experiencing a hard drive issue and since doing the install, I've had a problem with the screen flickering when I use the Trackpad. I've tried updating the drivers from the Asus website but the trackpad driver doesn't seem to install...even though I'm following the process of using powershell. I did have to correct the path to initiate the driver (wrong folder designated), but the driver did not install. I checked in Device Manager and it still shows the Basic Windows 'HID' driver. The problem is not present when the system boots up until it reaches Windows. It is also not present when in the BIOS. Another strange thing is that if I connect the laptop to a HDMI monitor, the problem goes away and the image on the laptop and monitor are stable and it works fine! I've played around with resolutions, checked frame rates etc but I think this has to be a Windows/Asus Driver issue. It is a clean install of Windows after all.
I'd love some input on this. If anyone has any experience of a similar issue or possible solution, I'd greatly appreciate it.
1 REPLY 1

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Have you tried to uninstall the touchpad driver in Device manager, and just update the driver from device manager as well?
Also, please check if the issue happen in Safe mode.
Thank you.