This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAG AND GLITCH WHEN USING GESTURES IN 3RD PARTY LAUNCHERS!!!!

venkatarahul98
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 2
Firmware Version: 18.0210.2111.190_0
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

When I use 3rd party launchers like Nova, lawnchair and when I use gestures while closing a app there is a lag and also there is a flicker in UI after closing the app. The animation is not smooth at all. I have attached the video showing the issue. I have posted this in BETA FORUM also for past few months i have been asking about this, I didn't get any response at all. Even after Android 11 update we are not able to use 3rd party launchers. Stuck with default launcher. Many confirmed that they are facing the same issue. ROG 3 Users running A11 have no issues using gestures with 3rd party launcher. @Gustav_ASUS @Titan_ASUS. When can i get a response for this?

5 REPLIES 5

ZT959595
Rising Star II
It is a bug with Android itself, no app developer could get around it. And it has existed since A10.
Just search "nova launcher home lag". You will find many posts.
It should have been fixed in A12 but I am not sure.

venkatarahul98
Rising Star II
No who said that..in rog 3 there are no issues..it's smooth. Please read my post fully. Android 10 didn't have gestures for 3rd party launchers. please do google regarding this and comment. Don't comment without knowing anything.

ZT959595
Rising Star II
venkatarahul98

No who said that..in rog 3 there are no issues..it's smooth. Please read my post fully. Android 10 didn't have gestures for 3rd party launchers. please do google regarding this and comment. Don't comment without knowing anything.

View post

You are the one that should be doing more research. Search term "3rd party launcher on android 11". You will see several posts on Reddit.
I always use Nova on every phone so I know the flicker and delay issue. I even rooted just to tried to get rid of it.
With such an abrasive and dismissive attitude, no wonder no one replied to you. And I deeply regret replying to you out of pity.

venkatarahul98
Rising Star II
In rog 3 android 11 with gestures it's smooth no issues. What can you say about that. You are talking about attitude and all.i told Google and comment is that wrong.lol.