marti4ko2marti4ko2 Level 1
edited January 4 in ROG Phone 5

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog phone 5
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Comments

• I try to set fingerprint to unlock the phone but the sensor is not visible on screen

• The absence of the fingerprint sensor is combined with the non detection of the Sim card when this is due to a hardware problem (cable disconnected), your SIM is recognized?

If so, tried to test it with calculator .12345+

If it is still missing, try to press the glass back a little below the sensor (after removing the protective case)

If it appears it's a connectivity problem, so service center :(

ask the moderators for the names of the services or you should try to clear the caches and data to go further in the diagnosis.

• Hey.....I'm facing the same story today.....sim slot 1 stopped working and fingerprint sensor just disappeared......

Did a factor reset but no go!!!

Any help is appreciated.

• All the help I can give is on the previous post and the only possible answer in your case seems to be the service center

• edited December 2021

Hi @marti4ko2 @dheeraj.g999

Based on your description of your issue we recommend that you reach out to a local ASUS service center to have your device check.

• @FunBike31 @Irene2_ASUS

Yep.....visited the service center. Submitted my phone to replace motherboard.

This discussion has been closed.