dins1703dins1703 Level 1
edited January 5 in ROG Phone 5

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 5
  2. Firmware Version: Version WW-18.0840.2111.196
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 5 to 6 times a day
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The phone restarts on its own multiple times a day. I am noticing this issue after the recent firmware update. Please confirm if this happening for other users

Please tell me the steps to revert to the previous version of firmware.

Comments

• Hi dins1703,

Can you tell me how often the restart occurs?

Have you tried factory reset on your phone once after the update?

Any Apps installed after the new update?

• dins1703dins1703 Level 1
    edited November 2021

It's occurs many times a day. Whenever I do something faster like swiping the pages for apps, going back , going home , swiping left from home to Google now etc

Once its gets restarted, it does restarts two three times on quick succession. Then whenever I start doing something faster as mentioned above. It's happens again

Factory reset is done and doesn't help

No news apps have been installed

Please help

• Mine restarts on its own as well but I found a work around sort of, I turn my hotspot on and connect another device and it seems to keep my phone from restarting. I am starting to think it has to do with battery optimization which could be the cause of the random restarts.

If I leave my phone idle and nothing connected to the hotspot it will restart on its own.

I have a trace log report of my phone from when I let it do its thing to restart just need someone willing to comb through the file.

• I think the last update did a lot of damage.. My aura lightning dosent work since ive update my phone (also rog phone 5).

Lemme know if u find a way to download the previous version .

• There are raw files but that means EDL method of flashing, XDA forum is good for finding that, I found a bunch of older firmware files there.

This discussion has been closed.