Star I
System: Win 10 64 bit
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: X541SC
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello. I have an X541SC laptop and the battery died. It lasted 2-3 hours, but I can no longer run the laptop with it. When I took it out and measured + and -, there is no voltage. I told myself it was dead. I took another second hand, but i did not measure it before taking it. I just took it and put it on the laptop, but it's the same case. When I measured it, again there is no voltage of + and -, but the batteries themselves on both sides give 11-12 volts. Does anyone have any idea if this is a dead board / battery processor, or for some reason there is a protection that has turned on and stopped the output voltage? I found this on the internet:
Some batteries are equipped with a solid-state switch that is normally in the “off” position and no voltage is present at the battery terminals. Connecting the switch terminal to ground or pulling it up often turns the battery on. If this does not work, the pack may need a code for activation. Battery manufacturers keep these proprietary codes a well-guarded secret to which even service personnel have no access.

And i've heard about Chip going to lock state, and that disable all charging/output voltage.
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
qnkov9090
  1. System: Win 10 64 bit
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: X541SC
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Hello. I have an X541SC laptop and the battery died. It lasted 2-3 hours, but I can no longer run the laptop with it. When I took it out and measured + and -, there is no voltage. I told myself it was dead. I took another second hand, but i did not measure it before taking it. I just took it and put it on the laptop, but it's the same case. When I measured it, again there is no voltage of + and -, but the batteries themselves on both sides give 11-12 volts. Does anyone have any idea if this is a dead board / battery processor, or for some reason there is a protection that has turned on and stopped the output voltage? I found this on the internet:

Some batteries are equipped with a solid-state switch that is normally in the “off” position and no voltage is present at the battery terminals. Connecting the switch terminal to ground or pulling it up often turns the battery on. If this does not work, the pack may need a code for activation. Battery manufacturers keep these proprietary codes a well-guarded secret to which even service personnel have no access.

And i've heard about Chip going to lock state, and that disable all charging/output voltage.

Dead battery or fuse?
@qnkov9090
According to your description, I would like to suggest you to bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.