Nvidia Inc released Geforce Driver DCH WHQL v496.98 Geforce GPU'S on 24.11.2021
- System OS: Windows 11 RTM Enterprise 64bit v21H2 Build no 22000.348
- Laptop Name: Vivobook 15 R542UQ-DM153
- Bios Model: X542UQ
- Bios Firmware Version: X542UQ.309SA
- Processor Name and Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz
- Intel Processor Microcode: DE ( latest )
- Intel Chipset: 100 series
- Intel(R) Management Engine Interface Driver Version : 2188.8.131.525
- DRAM Frequency and Size: Adata DDR4 2400Mhz two 8GB Ram Modules (16GB)
- Integrated GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 DCH WHQL Driver Version: 184.108.40.2061 ( Beta )
- Dedicated GPU: Nvidia Geforce 940MX 2GB GDDR5
- Nvidia Geforce 940MX DCH WHQL Driver Version: 220.127.116.1198 ( Stable )
- Audio Device Name: Realtek HD Audio ALC294
- High Definition Audio Device Driver version: v10.0.22000.1
- Realtek HD Audio Device Driver version:
- Total Graphics Available Memory Size: 9.9GB (10164MB)
- Shared System Memory: 7.9GB ( 8116 MB )
- Battery or AC: Both
- Intel Management Engine Firmware Version: 18.104.22.16809
- SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD 2280
- Harddisk 1: Seagate Barracuda 2.5 Inch SATA 2TB 5400 RPM (LM015)
- Harddisk 2: Seagate Barracuda 2.5 Inch SATA 2TB 5400 RPM (LM015)
- Frequency of occurrence: Nil
- Reset OS: Clean Installed
- Screenshot or video: Yes
On 24th November 2021 Nvidia inc has released the new Geforce DCH WHQL stable hotfix driver v496.98
On 26th November 2021 I successfully installed this version driver via normal method on Windows 11 64bit Enterprise edition 21H2 build no 22000.348.
Windows 10 64 bit supported OS for this driver.
Windows 11 64 bit supported OS for this driver.
GeForce Hotfix display driver version 496.61 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 496.76
The hotfix addresses the following issue:
[YouTube]: The YouTube website randomly displays extreme contrast/gamma while idle or during video playback. .
[Notebook]: The black screen may be observed on some Optimus notebooks with 1440p/165hz panels when in discrete GPU mode .
Games do not launch correctly on GeForce GTX 750 Ti when NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled .
Using Adaptive Vertical Sync while G-SYNC is enabled may result in a random black screen .
[Red Dead Redemption 2/Doom Eternal]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes while running the game. .
I would recommend you install the customized and certified driver for your laptop model from the Asus support site only.
I am sharing only Generic driver links in this post.
I am sharing the direct downloading link from Nvidia's official website for laptop built-in graphics cards.
Version 496.98 can be downloaded from Nvidia official site, I was given a direct download link
for dch-based driver for notebooks and desktops GPUs
Nvidia driver 496..98 installation youtube video link
The source is taken from