18.0840.2111.196 update break my phone

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZS673KS
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2111.196
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every 30 seconds
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

After updating my phone now it's restarts every 30 sec. Even when i don't using it(turned off screen). I rebooted it few times. Turn off notifications. Nothing helps.

Comments

• I found this description on an independent asus news site https://www.thegoandroid.com/

but on all ASUS official sites the latest Firmware is .188, incomprehensible !!!

For your problem, tried restarting in safe mode (all 3 buttons simultaneously)

[November 22, 2021]: Asus is rolling out a new update for the ROG Phone 5 on the firmware version JP_18.0840.2111.196. The package adds the November 2021 security patch and resolves a few issues. Below is the official changelog by the company.

Changelog

ο Google Security Patch Update (November 5, 2021)

ο Fixed the problem that the color of the setting screen was not displayed properly

ο Fixed an issue that could cause screen display issues when browsing certain web pages

ο Fixed an issue where the Lightning Armor Case would sometimes not work properly after connecting a gamepad

ο Fixed an issue where the device might shut down automatically in rare cases when using LINE calls

• I wish i read your comment before i reset my phone... At least it works now. But i lost all my music and progress in some games i dind't bind to my acc.