Random Reboot and Broken Auto-brightness after Update (WW_30.12.112.56)

Hi all,

As stated on the title after updated to WW_30.12.112.56, my phone randomly reboot (not too often though) and also auto-brightness not working like usual.

Before this update, which was on WW_30.12.112.46, everything was fine.

Hopefully Asus devs will look into this matter and fix them on the next update.

Regards,

Anotherzenfone8user

Comments

• I do confirm that auto brightness is broken...

• Mine too, after updating the auto brightness is acting weirdly and I have to switched it off.

• Mine too after latest update.

• I haven't observed anything wrong regarding the auto-brightness.

• mj06mj06 Level 1
    edited November 23

Same for me. Auto-brightness does not work properly. When waking up, it takes a long time to react and sometimes, it pushes the light to the max. Not accurate.

• One more vote for bad auto-brightness. After wake up, screen gets too bright, and if I change it manually it later gets too dark.

Before last update it worked perfectly and I had zero complaints on this fantastic phone.

• I have the same problem, the bad sensitivity of automatic brightness,the display gets quite warm ,nothing terrible.

• Hi @linggasy,

Please try the following steps;

1) Double-check that you have Adaptive brightness enabled by going to Settings -> Display -> Adaptive brightness

2) You can reset adaptive brightness by going to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Se all XX apps -> Device Health Services -> Storage & cache -> Clear storage -> Reset adaptive brightness

I hope that solves your issue, otherwise let me know :)

• Hi there, wow that's new... I don't know you can reset "adaptive brightness" only. Thanks, Irene but the issue still persists. I think it's a bug within this update. I use this phone for almost 2 months now and always update whenever there's a chance. I can confirm that previous version (WW_30.12.112.46) worked great for me, maybe the best so far because before that version there were problems as well but I forgot.

*P.S.: I don't know why but random reboot no longer happened. Total 3 times of random reboot after update.

• @Irene2_ASUS

Can you explain how to reset adaptive brightness.

• mj06mj06 Level 1
    edited November 24

Hi Vinko, all informations are in Irene2's message.

• I have done what @Irene2_ASUS suggested but the problem with brightness still presist.

• I also tried the suggested solution. I think that it may be better now, but I don't think it is the same as it was before the last update.

This is somewhat subjective, but before the update I didn't even think about the autobrightness. Now, after the reset I still notice it.

• Auto-brightness still broken after @Irene2_ASUS suggestion.

• mj06mj06 Level 1

I tried the suggestion, but the auto brightness adjustment still doesn't work properly. I have to move the cursor constantly because sometimes the brightness is too high (I am however indoor with medium light) and my setting does not seem to be saved. Before, I didn't take care of the auto brightness, everything worked fine.

• Auto brightness with previous fw version was better

• No improvemen after moderator's (Irene) suggestion. In fact it seems to get worse.

My auto brightness was working fine(though not perfect) before the lastest firmware update.

• Hi @mj06 @sexiclube55 @mickey_underwear @Chris1 @dejevic @Cyslawo @vinko063

Thanks for letting me know

I will send you all a PM with further instructions to collect logs so that we can continue investigating this issue.

Check your inbox ;)