Another bricked Zenfone 8

I've plugged in my phone for the night and everything was fine. I woke up the next day to a completely dead phone. The phone does not respond to anything, plugging in the charger doesn't light up the LED.

I'm going to RMA it tomorrow and hope for the best. I am dreading the repair as other people complained they got a broken phone back.

Comments

• Was used original Asus 30w charger ? When yes, i think this phone destroyes Higher fast charging voltages... Asus pd charger operates at 20V and i thing some charging circuits fails...

• I use Steady Charging, so the phone should only charge at 5W, which is not very high.

• sexiclube55sexiclube55 Level 2
    edited November 22

But i tested another 18w charger and connected volt and ampermeter .. and with steady charging on, All time runs at 9V. That means, steady charging limits only charging currents. I must test how many volts shows after full charging...that means charging circuits absorbs big voltages All time when charger IS plugged in ?

• Hi @manfredmaniek,

I'm sorry to hear that. Please check your inbox for a PM from me with some follow up questions.