2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: FX506HC
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Deailed description:

screenshot-2021-10-03-211757.png

Since I purchased my laptop back in August the performance of the system was not the expected one when being used in battery mode. I just realised that after setting the iGPU mode to auto through the armouty crate app, when on battery the discrete gpu is being turned off and the system works perfectly when unplugged. The problem that I am facing is that when plugging in the laptop to a power source the discrete gpu is not being turned on automatically although the iGPU mode is set to auto. Is this not the point of setting this to auto; integrated graphics being used when on battery and discrete graphics when plugged in. The problem could be dealt with, if every time I put the laptop to charge I turned the iGPU off but that would be very incovenient.

Armoury crate iGPU mode not working properly
And when the laptop is plugged in the discrete dedicated GPU does not come on. I am wondering if it is possible for this to happen, as the iGPU option indicates it potentially is possible.
The iGPU option is a very clever and appreciated setting, to switch between integrated and dedicated graphics depending on if it is on battery or AC, but it does not work like this for me currently.
Thanks

image.png
image.png

1 REPLY 1

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Plugging in the adapter does not mean the dedicated GPU would be working.
There has to be a program, game or APP that need to use the dedicated GPU and then it would be working. and then also the iGPU mode mechanism would be useful.
Thank you.