Mic and sound goes off on all video calls

gizmobabagizmobaba Level 1
edited November 17 in ZenBook
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Asus Zenbook flip S-13 Oled (UX 371, 11th Generation)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: everytime
  5. Reset OS: done a couple of times
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I am having a problem with my new laptop while using zoom and all online video calls like teams and google meet too.

1Have shared a screenshot of zoom.

1. The moment I switch zoom on it asks me to remove noise cancellation of mic and speaker which also I follow every time. Still, after trying repeatedly at times speaker and mic works, and again in a few minutes the same notification appears and my mic goes off.
  2. i have tried reinstalling all drivers and window again but all in vain
  3. I have tried an extensive search but have not found any video or support for this online
  4. PLEASE HELP

Comments

• Hi there,

This issue happen after you updated to Win11? or already there in Win10?

Can you share the screenshot again?

Please enter Settings>System>Sound>Input>Test your microphone

does it work?

Does plug in headset work? only the built in speaker/mic having issue?

Thank you.

• Thanks a ton Chief for responding.

The issue happened before updating in Win10 as well and now the same in Win 11.

Screenshot attached again

The microphone works fine . Only goes off when I log in to zoom or teams or any online meeting.

While that message appears on the screenshot there is a notification that appears from Asus App asking to shut the Noice cancellation. Post I do that Mic works but the speaker goes off. If a couple of times I keep fiddling with the speakers etc in respective apps then it will start working for a while and then shuts off in the middle again.

Haven't tried plugging in the microphone as the laptop does not have a microphone port

frustrated to the core. Please help

• Hi there,

Can you help to check the version of below driver and app?

1.Realtek Audio driver

2.Realtek Audio Console

Thank you.