Nvidia Inc released Geforce Driver DCH STANDARD WHQL v496.61 Geforce GPU'S on 29.10.2021
- System OS: Windows 11 Enterprise RTM 64bit v21H2 Build no 22000.282
- Laptop Name: Vivobook 15 R542UQ-DM153
- Bios Model: X542UQ
- Bios Firmware Version: X542UQ.309SA
- Processor Name and Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz
- Intel Processor Microcode: DE ( latest )
- Intel Chipset: 100 series
- Intel(R) Management Engine Interface Driver Version : 218.104.22.168
- DRAM Frequency and Size: Adata DDR4 2400Mhz two 8GB RAM Modules (16GB)
- Integrated GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 DCH WHQL Driver Version: 22.214.171.12455 ( Stable )
- Dedicated GPU: Nvidia Geforce 940MX 2GB GDDR5
- Nvidia Geforce 940MX DCH WHQL Driver Version: 126.96.36.19961 ( Stable )
- Audio Device Name: Realtek HD Audio ALC294
- Realtek HD Audio Device Driver version: 6.0.9238.1
- Total Graphics Available Memory Size: 9.9GB (10164MB)
- Shared System Memory: 7.9GB ( 8116 MB )
- Battery or AC: Both
- Intel Management Engine Firmware Version: 188.8.131.5209
- SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD 2280
- Harddisk 1: Seagate Barracuda 2.5 Inch SATA 2TB 5400 RPM (LM015)
- Harddisk 2: Seagate Barracuda 2.5 Inch SATA 2TB 5400 RPM (LM015)
- Frequency of occurrence: Nil
- Reset OS: No
- Screenshot or video: Yes
On 29th October 2021, Nvidia company has released the new Geforce DCH & STANDARD WHQL hotfix driver v496.61 for Windows 10 64 bit and for Windows 11 64bit.
On 01st November 2021, I successfully installed this version, 496.61 hotfix driver by the normal method on Windows 11 RTM Enterprise 64bit v21H2 build no 22000.282 running with Nvidia Geforce 940MX 2GB VRAM GDDR5.
GeForce Hotfix display driver version 496.61 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 496.49.
The hotfix addresses the following issue::
[Transport Fever/Transport Fever 2] Game will crash to desktop on startup [3411731/3409614]
[Detroit Become Human] Users may experience micro-stutters during gameplay 
[Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon] Visual artifacts may be observed during gameplay 
[WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship] Game will crash to desktop soon after being launched 
[RiMS Racing] Game will crash to desktop soon after being launched 
[TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2] Game will crash to desktop soon after being launched 
I would recommend you install the customized and certified driver for your laptop model from the Asus support site only.
I am sharing only Generic driver links in this post.
I am sharing the direct downloading link from Nvidia's official website for laptop built-in graphics cards.
Version 496.61 can be downloaded from Nvidia official site, I was given a direct download link
for dch-based driver for notebooks and desktops GPUs
Nvidia driver 496.61 installation youtube video link
The source is taken from