1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: G15 Glacier Blue G512Li
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

1. Hi, so my laptop doesn't change the refresh rate to 60Hz when on battery power especially when it's turning on.

2. While opening games (plugged in offcourse) it goes to 60Hz and 144Hz, so annoying please help.

it was same in windows 10 and now in Windows 11 too.

Comments

• Hi there,

When you are on battery mode, to save power and maintain stable performance, the monitor Hz would stay at the lower status.

Hope you can understand.

Thank you.

• no, I am talking when the laptop is unplugged it's not changing back 60Hz to save power.

• wait, 2. "While opening games (plugged in offcourse) it goes to 60Hz and 144Hz, so annoying please help.

it was same in windows 10 and now in Windows 11 too."

not 60Hz to 144Hz but 144Hz to 60Hz.

sorry for mistake.

• Hi there,

Can you record a short video of the issue you are referring to?

Maybe that is easier to understand.

Thank you.

• hello, unfortunately, I don't have my phone right now but what I am trying to say is when I launch a game the refresh rate changes to 144Hz 60Hz.

the second issue is that sometimes the refresh rate doesn't get lower in battery power I always need to change it 60Hz manually.

• Hi there,

Was it specific game? or any game has the same issue?

Thank you.

• Hello, it happens on everygame.

• Hi there,

What is your BIOS version?

If you are not using the latest version, please update it.

And if are using the latest version, please enter BIOS and load default setting again.

Thank you.

• Hello Blake, thanks for replying and my bios version is 311 and i already tried and loaded the optimized defaults settings but no use.

• Hi there,

Can you please help to record a video?

We have been try to reproduce the issue but couldn't. Not sure if we have misunderstand anything.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.