Faulty repair and Terrible service.

gazala3ruby
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2109.172
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera (version 7.7.6.0_210813)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I had given my phone for repair, including replacing the back camera. After it came back, I had two issues: fingerprint not working and camera not focusing. The service center took the device back and fixed the fingerprint. But my back camera is still not able to focus properly.

I've been following up on this for over a month, and my warranty expires next month. Asus Support over the phone won't give me a response other than they've "passed this case to the concerned team", and they claim they'll get back to me within 72 hours. Every 3 days, I get a new call form another team "higher up", who pass the case along to the next person.

I'm worried that Asus is waiting for my warranty to run out so they can stop helping me at all. The first person I spoke to on the phone said they can send me a new unit, but the senior teams deny that because that's not in the policy. Why would they lie to me then? I've started recording my calls because I've lost all trust in them. I cried after calling the local service center, I'm so upset. I paid INR 26k out of pocket for the repair, and they same model is on sale for 35k on Flipkart.
Can someone on the Asus Support team tell me what is the policy on a faulty repair? I believe the camera module that they used for the repair is faulty.

Currently crying,
Gazala
😞

2 REPLIES 2

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi gazala3ruby,
Please share your details in PM.

gazala3ruby
Star I
I've shared my details as requested. Please get back to me ASAP, thanks!