Speed_Rebirth
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: .176
Rooted or not: Non Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Several Times
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Dear Team,
I am facing an issue in which my phone is unlocked in my pocket without any reason. Face and finger lock is enabled. Gloves mode is disabled. Pocket mode is enabled. I don't understand how it is happening weather the proximity sensor has become so senseless or the software update .176 is crippled. I did a SM Calculator bases test and found proximity sensor good.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Sorry for not being able to give you a solution, just warn you that there is one thing you should not do with this phone, as a preventive measure, it is to put it in a pocket where there is a risk of twisting or bending, in short, the front and back trouser pockets. Shirt or jacket pocket are the only acceptable places, if not, in the medium term, it is sure to fold, just like some of the first 4 inch phones and + of the years 72-73 like the Wiko Peax and King.
That said, when it is in one of my pockets, shirt or jacket, it never unlocks, but it is pockets where there is no pressure.
Pocket mode is not activated on mine, the other parameters are identical.

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
@FunBike31 I'm not sure why everyone is so careful with this phone just because Jerry folded it with much pressure. I always have mine in my trouser pockets - most of the time while I ride the bicycle and it never bended even a bit + I never had a bad feeling about it. The amount of pressure you need to fold it is much more than your trousers could deliver.

Back to topic: pocket mode not enabled, never had issues. However my previous phone (Oneplus 5) had the same problem. I fixed it by disabling "save places" via Google Settings. It unlocked without the need of fingerprint/scanning automatically on "save places" like my home or work.
Maybe you activated this feature?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
No, it's also activated on mine
On the other hand, I have a disabled parameter in display, keep the phone on when you hold it in your hand
For the resistance, I am not paranoid, on the other hand with the Wiko cited, I have one and I can easily compare the resistance to bending, frankly the Rog 5, even if I do not want to insist on this one , I'm not Jerry who makes me cry every time he breaks a 1000 € phone, he really doesn't seem more resistant, and that was a real weak point with a lot of breakage on these models for this reason.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi chi8104,
While I have never come to this issue, many other users apart from ASUS have reported this but very random.
Try the following and report back:
Disable smart lock is enabled
Disable fingerprint use and reenable to see if this helps
Check if a third-party screen protector is causing this